Opinions Please!

-karlton-

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi im starting up a new business and have put together a new logo.

Basically im looking for peoples honest opinions of it before i take it to print, i am also planing to have my van sign written with the logo.

So:
Do you like the design?
Does it catch you eye?
Does it look professional?
Does it get the message across?

Please dont be shy as im lookin to make changes if needed.

PS. ignore the scratches in the artwork these will be rectified! it can also be rotated view> rotate view> counterclockwise

Regards Karl

Attachments

• grassworx.pdf
    153 KB · Views: 283
Last edited:
Hi im starting up a new business and have put together a new logo.

Basically im looking for peoples honest opinions of it before i take it to print, i am also planing to have my van sign written with the logo.

So:
Do you like the design?
Does it catch you eye?
Does it look professional?
Does it get the message across?

Please dont be shy as im lookin to make changes if needed.

PS. ignore the scratches in the artwork these will be rectified! it can also be rotated view> rotate view> counterclockwise

Regards Karl
It sounds like a building site contractor company. The whole "worx" thing sounds like a detached cold corporation. I don't like the font or the grass in the "o".

It looks very professional, catches my eye, I don't like the design and I don't know what your message is really TBH!

I hadn't read Miyazaki's post before looking at the artwork but I had exactly the same reaction. If I saw this somewhere I would think 'faceless corporation' not a smaller business that I might engage with directly. I'm a hairy arsed engineer myself so not much use on the 'pink tie' stuff but I reckon you need something a bit 'softer'.

I like the worx instead of works but i do see your point saying it looks like a corporate company.

Hmm may need to go back to the drawing board.

Anyone else got any opinions on it? Does anyone actually like it? lol

Karl

Think to soften up the impact of the logo you could change the font.

I like it, I don't feel it needs to much thinking about.

Logo is nice, clean, easy to place on products, propganda, not to many colours for cost purposes.

You should also trial a grey scale and a b&w version to make sure photocopied head paper etc work ok.

now . . worx . . . I do not feel at easy using companies that try be "hip" and "cool" with wierd spellings. Im young not some old man set in his ways but if I want to deal with a company, I want professionals not some txt speak rubbishness. The huuuuge companies get away with it purely through size of enterprise.

All in my opinion of course :)

How about 'Grasscutz etc'. Just an Idea :)

Well i wanted to make it a bit different, stand out from the rest of the companys. That might be where im going wrong though?

oh desicions desicions.

now . . worx . . . I do not feel at easy using companies that try be "hip" and "cool" with wierd spellings. Im young not some old man set in his ways but if I want to deal with a company, I want professionals not some txt speak rubbishness. The huuuuge companies get away with it purely through size of enterprise.

Good point Craig!

txt spelling is horrible, will put people off straight away.
also grassworks sounds like something crimewatch would say.
GardenWorks is getting your message across better, unless your company only treats grass that is. LawnmowerMan?

I rather like it :thumbsup:

Dave

In Norcross, Georgia, USA... I doubt they'll be competing for business :)

I like the style. Once i zoomed out though, i'm sure on the fonts anymore.

Last edited:
I like it ,i went with a modern design with my logo for my plumbing and heating business ,didn't really want to portray the boring fat man with a spanner image ,because i'm not.
So i would go with it,but myself i'd take that design and let a designer loose on it,they'll whip up some ideas pretty quickly.

Picking a business name and then sorting out the logo is the most tedious part of starting up! Took me months to get a decent name and be as unique as possible! I like Worx it sounds up to date and with a bit of clever marketing im sure you could pull it off... I like the logo as well... :thumbsup:

:eek: I had no idea about that pincho! thats weird that the designs are so similar as in the grassy 'o', i dont like it as much as mine though :D

cheers neilios dont suppose you've got a pic of your logo have you? just curious

What about Grassy Knoll, with a target in the O aimed at some weeds.

Catchphrase could be something like - We target problem Gardens.

:rolleyes:

Thats a nice idea dony

but i dont think enough people know what grassy knoll means for it to work ;)

I think you'd be surprised how many do :)

Dave

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom