1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opinions please - Schneider Scinema 32"

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by GAmbrose, Feb 20, 2004.

1. GAmbrose

GAmbrose

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    http://www.gmf.avenue-one.com/default.asp?p=14492

Never heard of them myself, it's for one of my mates who has asked.

I'm sure theres far superior TV's out there for the same sort of price. Personally i'd want Flatscreen, maybe 100hz. Any other bargains about for that sort of price at the moment?

Much appreciated

Gary Ambrose

2. weyland-yutani

weyland-yutani

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    looks well appointed, although can't see any front/side av inputs mentioned. does have 3 scarts, though.

i remember WTV raving about a 28" w/s a few years ago, so they've sold tv's over here for a while. still, as for the actual picture quality, who knows. at that price it might be woth finding out.

3. CMcK

CMcK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    I bought a Schneider set from Asda about 2 years ago as a housewarming gift for my sister.
    It's a good TV sound is OK and the picture is pretty sharp. Considering how much it cost and Asda's cheap extended warranty I think it was a bargain.

I remember one of the home cinema mags had a supermarket specials roundup recently and they were full of praise for the Schneider sets. They even mentioned that the geometry was better than a lot of mainstream sets.

4. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +218
    Schneider is in the same class as Bush except their german based instead of uk. Most of their stuff is cheap imports from china. I think the tv's are assembled in germany using cheap parts like turkish chassis. They are good basic sets and better screwed together than some of the opposition. I doubt if the set has a particularly good tube though.