Opinions Please on these two models - Help Me Decide

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by SteveT1138, Jan 6, 2012.

Tags:
  1. SteveT1138

SteveT1138
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I am currently looking for a new 46" TV to replace my Samsung LEA656 that has gone wrong after three years (and was itself a replacement for a 9 month old Samsung set that developed a major fault).

It seems like a minefield at the moment, but I seem to have narrowed it down to two models, these being:

Sharp LC46LE831E which I can get using Affinity for £699 (on offer from £1500)
    Phillips 46PFL8606 which is about £1500

I would be using it mainly for Sky HD, PS3, BluRay and Wii.

The internet apps would be useful and 3D is not that important rather the quality of the image etc. is what matters the most. Sound again is not an issue as I use a 5.1 home cinema system and would bypass the TV.

Any thoughts or any other makes/models I may have overlooked would be greatly appreciated, not Samsung thou as I think that two of their TV's in just under four years is not acceptable and after looking at the 7000/8000 models on here it seems they suffer from major issues.

2. NX3

NX3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    You get a 5 year warranty with the Affinity scheme, give the price and compared to online stores the Sharp looks like the best way to go.

3. SteveT1138

SteveT1138
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Well I have placed an order for the Sharp model via the Affinity scheme. The tv was £699 and i also ordered three pairs of 3d glasses for £50 each also at a reduced price and at checkout they gave me one of the three pairs free. Plus the five year warranty and free delivery all in all i think that is really good value.