Opinions Please - Kef Sub

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by raven219, Jun 21, 2003.

1. raven219

raven219

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    East Anglia (well someone has to live there!)
    Ratings:
    +19
    Talked to my local retailer today about subs. He has a one off deal of a new Kef PSW2000 for 225. Does know anything about this sub? Anyone have one?

Cheers

Raven

2. Big Adam

Big Adam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hmm, well there's a few things to note about the PSW2000. It's likely to have come from a Kef sub/sat combo from which the retailer has sold the eggs, leaving a spare sub to offload.

1) It looks lush. If you want a sub that will enhance your room rather than intrude upon it, look no further than the Kef.

2) The new (2005.2) egg package comes with a 250W colour coded PSW2000 sub. The earliest PSW2000 subs were 'only' 150W. At some point during the life of the original 2005 range, the sub changed size. Make sure you know what you are being offered.

3) If you want raw movie bruteness, then for this sort of cash, you could probably stretch to a Velodyne. Less pretty but a beast when properly set up.

4) Secondhand PSW2000 are selling on this forum for £100 - £120. Perhaps you'd want to save your money and go this route?

5) You can pick up the PSW2000 for < £250 new quite easily. £225 is not a super-bargain so don't compromise your final decision for the sake of £25.

If you think I am trying to put you off the Kef, I'm not. I've got a 300W PSW3000 Kef sub which is one MF of a unit and I love it!!!! :D

Big A

3. Spooky

Spooky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +123
    I think this was the one that came with the Kef 2005 package , I heard of loads of people saying they had probs with the power supplies and going bang.
    I had the 2005 package and I did think the sub was very weak, especially at lower volumes, not too bad I spose when you cranked the system up but just not agile enough.
    HTH
    Laters
    Spooks