Opinions on Vistron 27" LCD from Ebuyer

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by coneypark, Aug 26, 2006.

Tags:
  1. coneypark

coneypark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Was wondering if anyone has had any experience of the above make. Ebuyer have this for £399.99 and it seems to fit with what I am looking for.

It's going to be used for watching my TVDrive via HDMI and was justing looking to hear from anyone who has had this make. Some positive reviews of othe models made by the same company on the Ebuyer website.

Here is a link to the http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/103673/rb/21302092362

2. musti

musti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    I'm looking for info on this TV too, just spotted it now... Would make an ideal bedroom telly...

3. chillo

chillo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    yeah i've just noticed this screen, also the 32" at £599:)

anyone know if its any good?:confused:

4. DarkSky

DarkSky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone

Been observing the LCD HDTV market for a year now and when I saw this TV on eBuyer at the weekend I simply had to go for it. As a gamer 8ms+HDMI is something I've been waiting for in a reasonably priced TV, and this version also have superior brightness and contrast to a 32" version which is currently rated at 5 stars on there. If the 32" one is highly regarded by Xbox 360 gamers then this one should be at least as good.

After doing some Google research I couldn't find any info about the TV but went for it anyway as the specs and design look spot on. It has arrived today but I won't get a chance to use it till I'm home from work. If there's any broken pixels I'll be mad as that has been my biggest fear when buying an LCD TV.

5. thfccambs

thfccambs
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,898
    Look forward to your comments as im also after an LCD.

6. Jonkey

Jonkey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm also very interested in this TV as I'm in the market for a bedroom TV for xbox360 gaming and this seems ideal forr an amazing price.

When you get a chance, could you see if it has a picture-in-picture feature as it's not mentioned at all on ebuyer. Also, when it's hooked up to a computer, does it display in the panel's native resolution of 1366x768 (also known as 1:1 pixel mapping)?

7. DarkSky

DarkSky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well packaged, easy to unpack, got it set up within 30 seconds of opening. It's not that heavy and looks very stylish. Controller looks basic but functions very well and I'm impressed with all the menus. Most importantly: NO DEAD PIXELS! I can't tell you how relieved I am as £400 is a lot of money to me.

Xbox 360 ran perfectly, for those who don't know you need to connect up all 5 of the plugs on the video lead, all bar the yellow one, and also set the switch on the cable to HDTV. No blurring and the picture was crystal clear in 1080i. Tried the Burnout Revenge Demo, Fifa World Cup Demo and Perfect Dark Zero. All looked good. The default 'natural' picture was very dark but it was easy to adjust the settings.

Very short on time at the moment so this is only a quick summary, will aim to post an update after some real usage. Not yet tested the built in freeview. So far, very impressed, and I'd say go for it.

I looked it up in manual and it does have PIP mode.

I've not got a spare cable to hook it up to the PC, but if I can get my hands on one tomorrow I'll be sure to report back. I presume you mean can you set the PC resolution to 1366x768. According to the instruction book it should be able to do that but that will be down to your video card drivers.

8. Jonkey

Jonkey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wohoo! Glad to hear it has PiP, now if it only has 1:1 pixel mapping I may well be getting one of these myself soon.

To clarify my question about connecting a PC, I meant that you could set your PC to 1366x768 (if your video card supports that resolution) and then have the TV display the image from the PC in that resolution. If the manual says it can that's promising but it would be great if you could check at some point.

By the way, you can usually get a better quality picture for the xbox 360 by connecting via a VGA cable rather than component (although exactly how much better depends on the TV itself). Apologies if you're already aware of this but I thought I'd mention it just in case.

9. DarkSky

DarkSky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tried out PIP today, there is only 1 size but 3 positions you can have. The picture is very small. There is also another mode which I think was called PAP which splits the screen into two, which seems much more useful. Both are done with the press of a button. This has to be one of the most well thought out remotes I've used.

This morning I remembered I had a VGA cable so connected it up to my laptop. I'm at work now so can't remember the exact resolution but I think the closest to native I could get it was 1360x760. My laptop has an ATI Mobility 9600 so is pretty good but other video cards might offer a more exact setting. Most importantly however, and this is coming from someone who is very picky about picture quality, the PC desktop looked wonderfully sharp. Text is fully readable and you could easy use it to surf the net. This really exceeded my expectations as I expected significant blurring. I'd go as far as saying the picture quality is 90% of the quality of a regular LCD screen.

Also got my Sky box connected up and was surprised how good the picture was. After hearing people complain about non-HD material on an LCD screen I can safely say this wasn't a problem here. On some channels you can see some jpeg style artifacts but it's generally very good. Maybe it compensates for this automatically.

10. mrdavo

mrdavo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not familiar with these new fangled LCD TVs. :)

Does it have an analogue tuner as well as digital? Am thinking of buying this for our Granny but we're not sure she can get Freeview in her area properly yet.

Thanks.

11. Entertainment

Entertainment
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Good review DarkSky ;)
    Got any pictures of the TV to share?:)
    I think you get a wall mounting kit included with this, Do you?
    Thanks,
    Andrew.
    PS: Next week im getting Sky Multi-room for my Bedroom. And figure i dont need a "High end, high spec LCD TV" as this one looks to fit the budget :) it also has good Contrast Ratio, CCD And Response time.

12. DarkSky

DarkSky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I need to sort out my aerial cable so haven't tested it, but yes I'm sure it must do as it has an aerial socket plus regular channels along with AV. It's standard to have analogue built in so no need to worry.

You get a wall-mounting kit, though I've not had a good look at it yet. For photos eBuyer has some decent ones from various angles.

13. mrdavo

mrdavo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Okay - thought it would be but I've never used an LCD myself before so thought I should check. Thanks for confirming.

14. BOBDENHAM

BOBDENHAM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HI, I bought one of these Visitronic 27 " tv's, the picture is good, brilliant when you consider the price, looks pretty good too. My only gripe is that my TV Settings appear to be in something similar to Polish, nothing else, just audio and picture settings... e.t.c. I'v looked through the manual and spent 10 mins trying to change to English but their doesn't seem to be an option. I can work out what it means as most of the menus appear in English in the manual and an online dictionary will hopefully do the rest. If you have experienced or know a way to change this please let me know

15. DarkSky

DarkSky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mine is all in English, but products shipped within Europe usually have multiple languages built in so there's a chance a button has accidently been pressed. I'll have a look out tonight. Might be worth contacting eBuyer in case you're not the only one with the problem.

16. BOBDENHAM

BOBDENHAM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nice one, but I've finally managed to sort it, it was just hard to find as it was in croatian, thanks to the online dictionary for making it possible. Guess I must have had one originaly destined for Croatia. Cheers any way!

17. Entertainment

Entertainment
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Anyone know if this TV can be operated by the SKY Remote?

18. coneypark

coneypark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well it took a while but I am glad that we are starting to get some good comments about this TV. I was previously going to get the Panasonic 26 from Dixons for £549 but when I seen this one on Ebuyer I was tempted. Only got paid today so still am seriously considering getting this TV.

It's only for a bedroom but want a good picture and sounds like it does well with this.

Thanks to all for there comments and opinions. I`ll let you all know if I take the plunge!

19. neil_black

neil_black
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
  20. Entertainment

Entertainment
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I thought in order for a LCD TV to carry the HD Ready Logo it MUST support HDIM or DVI with HDCP?

21. Entertainment

Entertainment
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Just read the requirments for a TV to be HD Ready.
    This is what it said:

" c. The DVI or HDMI input supports copy protection (HDCP)"

Meaning it has to support it to carry the HD Ready Lable ;)

Thanks,
    Andrew.
    EDIT: Whats the Warranty for this TV?

22. Only777

Only777

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124
    Reading these forums, it seems that an adjustable backlight is an advantage on lcd's. Can it be changed on this TV?

What's the sound like from the internal speakers?

Has anybody connected their xbox 360 via VGA, and if so does it support the full 1360 x 768 resolution

Thank you

23. Entertainment

Entertainment
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    OK, just looked at the ebuyer.com FAQs, says you get a year warranty with them.:)
    Im 97.9% sure i want this...
    PS: Anyone had any bad experiances with ebuyer?

24. thfccambs

thfccambs
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,898
    Any pictures lads?:smashin:

25. alchemyst

alchemyst
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Could one of you nice chaps get out the old measuring tape and post the dimensions of the unit? Fairly sure I'll buy this one, just need to confirm it will fit in the desired space!

26. coneypark

coneypark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I have bitten the bullet and ordered one. Paid extra for Saturday delivery as not going to be able to be home for the next two weeks.

So I will let you all know how I get on with it.

27. alchemyst

alchemyst
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Haha yeah, I got impatient and ordered mine too. Really wanted it on Saturday as well, but £20 more was a bit dear I feel, so plumped for Monday instead. I shall return with a review next week!

I do hope it fits BTW...

28. LewisD

LewisD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Ordered mine around 9am this morning.. paid an extra £7 for delivery tomorow.

Got my Digi-cam all charged up, and i'm going to take quite a few pictures of it so that more people will feel more confident about buying a budget HDTV.

Admittedly i was worried about taking the risk at first, but after hearing all the good reviews about the 32", and all the feedback on here, I reckon it's a safe bet :D

I'll get back to you guys when i've got it tomorow.

Also forgot to reply to this:
    Yes, as soon as i've set it up, i'll whack the dimensions up here.

-Lewis

29. mrdavo

mrdavo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I for one look forward to hearing what you chaps think of it. Hope you're pleased with your purchases.

30. Entertainment

Entertainment
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    So does anyone know if this TV has a sky code to control the volume?
    And can you buy a remote from Argos to control this TV along with a DVD Player and SKY?