Opinions on Ultimate Ears 400vi?

mjm2705

My year old Klipsch S4i's (one of about 4 headphone sets I currently use) are on their last legs (water damaged 3 button controller, split strain relief points etc) and I'm on the lookout for some decent replacements.

Only pre-requisites are decent sound quality, light weight and the ability to control my iPod (touch 3G & classic 120GB).

I saw the Ultimate Ears 400vi listed on a site today and they seem to tick most of the boxes from a functionality perspective but anyone have any opinion on the sound quality?

Looking to have something at least as good (and a similar signature) as the S4i's for listening to largely alternative guitar based stuff and the odd measure of hip-hop.

If not the UEs, any suggested alternatives?

mjm2705

I eventually went for Shure SE215's and replaced the cables with the iphone / ipod control & mic ... a more expensive option but I suspect the right one in many ways.

After a short burn-in period, the sound of the SE215's is fantastic and they are incredibly comfortable ... well worth consideration.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom