1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opinions on Toshiba 32ZD09B

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Darkly, Nov 23, 2001.

1. Darkly

Darkly
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi all,

I've been considering what widescreen TV I should buy for a while now, browsing these forums and reviews, and think I've made my choice - the Toshiba 32ZD09B, which I will pair with the Tosh SD-210E DVD player, and use the component video. I'll be using this setup to watch terrestrial, digital TV and DVDs (of course).

Only one thing that worries me is that on both the reviews I've seen of this TV some reference was made to the clarity of the picture being somewhat lacking, even though the overall pic was described as fantastic in one review (and slightly lacking in another... heh, though the review was still favourable overall). Though they didn't say if they were watching DVDs through the component input, however, with respect to the clarity comments. Guess I was just wondering:

(a) How much difference does component make to the picture

and

(b) Just looking for opinions on the TV and the picture.

The sound will be fine for me I'm sure of that. It's just the clarity comments that are slightly worrying.

Would there be a better 32' tele to plump for? The Panasonic TX32PK20 sounds tempting too, though I like the idea of the proper surround sound of the Tosh model (I wouldn't want separates + huge amps anyway, built in sound will do, live in a flat you see so can't be too noisy :), not to mention its component video (which I'm assuming makes a big difference to DVD!).

Any feedback would be appreciated.. and sorry for waffling on a bit ;-).

Cheers!

2. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Component is on par with RGB. Advantage is that using component allows you to use RGB with another source.

I couldnt stand the picture on that Panasonic model. My neighbour has one (he has had 3 so far due to faults) and it is not that good.

The tosh is better but remember that it is a mid range set and that it isnt as good as the higher end models but they still get compared with each other.

3. Darkly

Darkly
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    With you... I guess no mid range tele is going to be rated as perfect!

So component = RGB pretty much? Surprised to hear the only advantage is freeing up the RGB.

Thanks for the comments :)