Opinions on this bundle deal please?

Dav3

Established Member
Reaction score
Right guys, with the collective wealth of knowledge on this forum I'd like some advice. I work in Woolworths, and this weekend we've got an extra 10% off stuff accross the store (for the staff only I'm afraid). This means I could get the following:

Xbox 360 Premium
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Moto GP 2006

For £255.98.

The bundle normally sells to the public for £319.97, and I'd get 20% off that. I've heard really good things about both games, but I'd really appreciate some feedback of you guys and if anyone could suggest where I'd get a better deal (opinion based I know) but I'd like to hear it.

I'm a big fan of racing games as well, so I'll be getting PGR3 for it if and when I get a 360, which I could get for £36 at work.

Anyway, over to you!

Cheers guys,

Dave

Personally don't like MotoGP but Oblivion is awesome, one of best games on 360.

For that price though you cannot go wrong!!!

Sounds good to me, go for it, i doubt you'd be disapointed.:smashin:

Thanks for the feedback guys. I am very tempted to get this at the weekend. No point having a Hi Def TV with nothing to do with it after all...

Dav3 said:
Thanks for the feedback guys. I am very tempted to get this at the weekend. No point having a Hi Def TV with nothing to do with it after all...

Exactly also sigh up to xbox live at least the silver account there are loads of demos to download on the marketplace:thumbsup:

Hi Dav3,

Seeing as your issues with the Q321 are finally over (don't worry I'm not stalking you… I've been following the Q321 thread and should be buying one myself in the next couple of weeks :)) I'd say go for the 360. Personally I've only played mine on a SDTV and I've been really happy with mine.

The deal the mention is a very good price, MotoGP is very much a sim racer so if you're seriously into your racing games I'm sure you'll love it. Oblivion can be a bit tough to get into at first if you're not used to RGP type games, but it's worth the effort and if you get sucked in (like most people do) its well worth getting.

Another game that's worth keeping an eye out for is Call of Duty 2. If you like first person shooters this is an excellent one, really good single and multiplayer and as it's a launch release game you should be able to pick it up for decent price.

There's been a bit of a lull over the summer but in the next few months we're going to get bombarded with loads of games… there's plenty to look forward to in the future.

If you do pick one up… please post back with your impressions of the 360 on your TV. I can't wait to get mine all setup… fingers crossed I don't have you go through all the hassle you did!!!

Trist

That deal is a great price at the store price, let alone with your discount.

Oblivion is a must for most gamers, i'm sure you won't be dissapointed.

Also if you like racing games as you say then Moto GP is great. Give it a while to get used to the controls and you will soon be very much rewarded with a great game experience. It's also great online.:thumbsup:

As for PGR, i think it's in Argos now for £35. Again that is a must if you're a racing fan as it is awesome!! :smashin:

That's a great bundle deal! Although personally I'd get PGR over MotoGP.

What were your issues with the Q321? I have the same set and it's fine apart from sometime I have to try about 4 or 5 times to turn it on. Still need a Sky code for it too.

Looks amazing with the 360 using VGA though! You'll be impressed when you get one.

Funny how people get around the threads on this forum, eh Trist? I've seen this thing (The Hyundai Q321) connected to my mates 360 over component, and that looked really good. True I've not really played it for long periods of time, but first impressions were good, and I've heard everyone on the Q321 thread saying how much better it is over VGA, which would suit me fine, as I've got PC connected via DVI, PS2 via component and then would still have the extra component for any other source at a later date.

RandomLee, the issue I had was with the set having the wrong EDID on it, meaning it couldn't display images over DVI when connected to my PC, but this has since been rectified with a rather lengthy trip back to repairtech.

Anyway, before hijacking this thread I'm just waiting to see how much money I get paid. I also wanted to get the new D900 as my Sony Ericsson is getting a bit past it, but again that's a nice wad of money gone if I do that.

The thing that's putting me off is my lack of interest in RPGs. I've never really gotten into them in the past, but I've not heard many people complaining about Oblivion, if any.

I suppose at the end of the day it's not that much money, and you're only young once...

I'll post back to let you know if temptation gets the better of me...

If you just don't get on with it (it's not a traditional RPG per se), then exchange it on the forum for another game.

Yeah, I'm guessing it wouldn't be that difficult to do that somehow, it does seem to be a very popular game. It's just the money! Had an expensive month this month having to MOT, Tax and insure my car for a start...

At least if I buy the 360 I'll get more than pieces of paper though...

Dav3 said:
Yeah, I'm guessing it wouldn't be that difficult to do that somehow, it does seem to be a very popular game. It's just the money! Had an expensive month this month having to MOT, Tax and insure my car for a start...

At least if I buy the 360 I'll get more than pieces of paper though...
The deal that you’ve got looks decent enough, but if you haven’t got the cash available, there will be other offers available in the future. I’m in the same boat as you in some ways… except you’ve got the TV but not the 360… and I’ve got the 360 but not the TV. The one thing we’ve got in common is that we’re both skint and trying to justify spending more money! ;) I blame this forum!

In some ways if you can wait for a couple of months that might be a good idea because there will be so many more games available to choose from and retailers should be offering bundles pre-Christmas. But then I know difficult it is to resist the urge once you’ve got the idea in your head…

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom