Opinions on the Toshiba Laptop range?

timus

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Looking at getting a new laptop to replace my ageing Time one and this Toshiba one has caught my eye. It will only be used for photo editing and internet mainly i quite like the look of this one:

http://www.comet.co.uk/shopcomet/product/425508/TOSHIBA-SAT-P200-1FZ

I currently have a load of files on my Time laptop that i would ideally like to put on to my new one, i have seen a USB to USB cable that looks ideal to transfer my files.

Opionions and advice greatfully recieved.

I have a P200-1EE that i bought a while ago for HD DVD playback and it is superb

Build quality is excellent and the screen is very high quality, ideal for movies and photos

Support from Toshiba is excellent with good driver support and regular updates - if you do decide on the tosh there is a great programme called toshiba tempo which isnt included in the bundled software but will alert you to new drivers/software when available

The only slight complaint i had about my tosh was the amount of software installed on it by toshiba, some of the utilities are pretty handy but others just take up memory - this is pretty easily resolved though by uninstalling the bits you dont want

As an added bonus some of the tosh models can support a second internal HDD - the same chassis is used for all models which has a spare bay slot - unfortunately mine doesnt due to the mobo used but with a little bit of googling you should be able to find out if yours does

Overall i have no problems recommending the tosh, mine has served me perfectly for the last few months

I currently have a load of files on my Time laptop that i would ideally like to put on to my new one, i have seen a USB to USB cable that looks ideal to transfer my files.
If the both laptops have ethernet then you could transfer the files with an ethernet cable, you could tranfer the files on your wireless network if you have one and both laptops have wifi.

Thanks for the advice, i am rather tempted with the Toshiba just need to find a good price. Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom