1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opinions on the ericsson t600....

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by oreoboy13, May 28, 2003.

Tags:
  1. oreoboy13

oreoboy13

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    quite fancy this little phone, what do people think of it?

Also does anyone know if its about to be replaced with one the same size but with a colour screen.

2. Technophobe

Technophobe
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You've probably got one by now, but in case your still wondering it's a cool little phone and there not too many of them around either, which is nice.
    Every where I go it seems to be a talking point when people see how small it is. The phone has I nice white backlight and trendy blue LED lit keys making it a dream to use at night, but best off all for me it's Tri Band and works in the USA unlike most of the other phones on my short list.
    If your looking for an ultra small phone and are not bothered about it not having all the latest gadjets such as power sapping colous screens, blue tooth etc then I recommend this phone. If you can find one that is.

Technophobe
    Technophobe

3. Marcus Wood

Marcus Wood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Does the t600 work OK? I was thinking of getting one, but then it was withdrawn from Carphone Warehouse, then it disappeared from their catalogue (and no other high street oulets seem to sell them).

I did a search and found that some of them have problems when left in standby - they sometimes stop receiving calls.

Do you know if this has been sorted out yet?

4. milgo

milgo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't know too much about the T600, but I had a T66 & it was by far the worst phone that I've ever owned. I had to call my mobile every morning after i had switched it on to make sure that it would recieve call, and more often than not it would go strait to answerphone even though it was showing full bars on the signal strengh. I then had to switch the phone off/sometimes even remove the sim and re-insert before it would accept a call......not good enough in my opinion in such a competetive market. Go to www.google.co.uk & type t66 or t600 and click on the Groups tab you may find some interesting feedback from users there.

5. dejongj

dejongj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The T610 is out now.......I am awaiting mine and my wifes on Friday....

6. alextgreen

alextgreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Got both in stock where I work actually, have played with both, they're both pants.

No offence to any owners, but SE are still a mile behind Nokia.

7. Confucius

Confucius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    Perhaps you could elucidate as to exactly why they are pants?

And indeed which 'they' you are referring to! I've had a play with the 610 and it seems satisfactory, more than that in fact, but it's not at all clear which pair out of the 610, 66 or 600 you are slating.

8. dejongj

dejongj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have received my T610's last Friday and they are....FANTASTIC...

Absolutely brilliant, can't fault it in any way. Oh when you here about people not being able to read the screen in sunlight...well those old enought to remember the early laptop screens know that you have to select your colour themes carefully and you don't have a problem. The STN screen is actually very good compared to TFT or Transflective as nobody on the train can see what you are doing...And...the battery life is much better than TFT or transflective...And no I am not working for SE but I think they have got it spot on...

And the best part is, I have bluejacked my first victim (A nokia 7250 user of course) on my train journey. You should have seen his face. The difficult part for me was to keep a straight face ofcourse......

So Alextgreen, can you please explain why the T610 is pants?

9. Confucius

Confucius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    bluejacked?????

10. dejongj

dejongj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bluejacking...Just look at it like this, if you have a broadband or leased line connection with your computer, you protect yourself with some firewall software or block ports so no unauthorised people can get access to your files.
    Bluetooth is a form of peer-to-peer networking, so when someone leaves it on, on their phone, laptop, pda, printer etc you can lock on to it and have some 'fun'.....Needless to say I have protected myself....
    Today I had a little play with it in the Marriott during breakfast...I added an entry to someones phonebook by sending a pre-determined business card. I had no time to attach a personalised photo, so I used a stock from my T610. This lunchtime I was able to connect to someones elses phone and he/she (I couldn't see their reaction as I didn't do anything) left it wide open and was able to browse their files, pictures and address book....
    I love wireless networking ;-) Feel like the 14 year old computer nerd kid again I was in holland many moons ago playing with 'free' phone calls using the public telephony network admin loopholes...(Before you ask, they are closed now as far as I know and easy to trace where you are comming from...)

Cheers,

JP - Be afraid you may be bluejacked next.... ;)

11. Confucius

Confucius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    I doubt very much whether I will be 'bluejacked' actually!

12. Latman

Latman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    dejongj, how do u bluejack? I can see other phones in the list when I try and send something, but how do I browse their files?

13. dejongj

dejongj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In fact when you can see the other phone in your list you can try to send something to it. That is already 'classed' as bluejacking. I have had some great fun by sending a picture I took to this guy on the train. I first walked by looking at the phone to see who it was, I then took his picture. When back to my seat, added a contact stating that I knew who he was and attached the picture....You should have seen his face...Childish ofcourse but great fun...
    In order to browse the files is a bit more risky as you have to make a connection and thus think of what the pin number is. A little tip, most users don't even think of changing from the default....
    The fun part is that most nokia's are enabled and visible by default, whilst the SE T610 is disabled and invisible by default. So Nokia owners are an easy target.
    Ah well it passes the time on the train ;-)

14. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,884
    There are some user reviews here for the T610
    T610 reviews
    They seem to like it.

P.S. Anyone who tried to bluejack me would need the help of a proctologist to be able to use his phone again
    ;)

15. dejongj

dejongj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    JohnG,

I think I would need more help than that as I have no clue what a proctologist is....I am just a humble Dutchman pretending to speak English after 12 years in this country ;-)

PS. You would not have got a clue when I bluejack you. I am a cowered and will hide myself electronically....

PPS. You should have seen this guys face at Milton Keynes station when I send him a series of messages without a sender or indication where it came from...The series was: Virus Installing, Virus Installed, Virus Embedding, Virus Embedded, Delete Files....It was a Nokia user ofcourse who left bluetooth on. The panic on his face was so hilarious. In between the messages he had even taken his battery out and back in again....I know it is cruel but if he had half a brain cell, he would have noticed that these were just business cards....

Cheers,

JP

16. bash

bash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +317
    ROFL thats wicked man!

17. dejongj

dejongj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know, it is childish but it does make me laugh.......

I had some great fun in the office yesterday with the CEO and CIO who got new nokia phones. I did own up to it in that case....

18. peter-d-w

peter-d-w

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
    dejongj

So how do you protect yourself from bluejacking on the T610 ?

Peter

19. dejongj

dejongj
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,565
    Don't change the default settings, ensure that visibility is set to none. By default bluetooth gets disabled immediately after you have used it on the Sony.
    So you can only be seen for a very short period of time when you are trying to connect to another device....

20. peter-d-w

peter-d-w

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
    So what's the default pin number when connecting to nokia phones using bluetooth? I've tried 0000 several times with no success.

Thanks

Peter