Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

opinions on SONY KDL-V32A12U

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by TobyJoe, Aug 17, 2005.

1. TobyJoe

TobyJoe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :hiya: I'm thinking of getting this HDTV Sony KDL-V32A12U, but i am rather :confused: so I would like to know if this is a good peice of kit or not :thumbsup:
    Thanks for any help.

2. kourosh

kourosh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,043
    hi tobyjoe,i work in a sony centre.... the picture quality on freeview is ok not brilliant,but i took my pany dvd player and hooked it up via hdmi and it didnt look to bad :smashin: but if you can afford a little extra wait until the v series version come's out(its due out any time this month) as this model has the wega engine the picture quality should be better but its £400 more,good luck :thumbsup:

3. cooleo_no1

cooleo_no1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So its only 'ok'?

I got really excited when I heard about this TV. I was beginning to sway back to the LCDs. If this is only 'ok' whats a better deal in the same price range?

4. scrapbook

scrapbook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +550
    I am confused!

The user is referring to the 'v' series yet you seem to have tested a 's' series i assume?

5. cooleo_no1

cooleo_no1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ahhhh.

Ok, he's talking about the S.

Do you reckon the Sony 'V' will surpass the Hitachi 7200 or should I just go for that?

6. neilmcl

neilmcl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +292
    I think this thread should be in the LCD forum. Probably get a few more opinions over there.

7. kourosh

kourosh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,043

sorry my mistake,i was talking about the s series :eek:

8. kourosh

kourosh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,043
    sorry about the mistake toby,the v series should be out soon.As soon as ive looked at it i will let you know,what is your price range?

9. kourosh

kourosh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,043
    im not really sure cooleo as ive not seen either sets,with the sony 1 not out yet,and i dont really go to shops to look at flat panels :rolleyes: i dont like either technology i like my dlp tv's :clap: the only reason i looked at the sony1 is i work in a sony centre,but 1 thing i do know there isnt anything sony has made that will touch my dlp for picture quality ;)

10. cooleo_no1

cooleo_no1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    heheh ok, I get the DLP thing :p.

I think I'm settled on the 7200 because I don't want to spend much over a grand and not over 1500.

I think I'm gonna price match John Lewis with TotalDigital. Hopefully get it for 1,249 with a 5 year guarantee. Fingers crossed :D.

Don't worry about trying to compare them.

11. kourosh

kourosh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,043

you could get the tosh dlp now for around £1500 ;) ive downloaded lots of hidef stuff and it looks fantastic :thumbsup:

12. cooleo_no1

cooleo_no1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How's the rainbow thingy?

Plus I think DLP is a little big for me. I actually want a screen about 32-42max.

Gonna be mainly used with Terrestrial, freeview and Xbox 360. So I figured LCD was a pretty good compromise.

13. kourosh

kourosh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,043
    ive not had any prob's with rainbow's,and im quite fussy with pic quality.I have ntl cable at the moment and the pic is really good,but it comes into its own when i watch dvd films via hdmi it really does look good.Im also waiting for xbox360 which should look amazing on a 46" screen.There was rumours some of smaller dlp a 40" screen i think,dont forget on a lcd there is always the risk of pixels dropping out,where as with a dlp you change the bulb and its brand new again

14. cooleo_no1

cooleo_no1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Certainly is tempting.

Technically what standard gives the best image quality? Is it CRT or DLP?

Try not to be too biased towards your choice, it would be more useful if I had the cold hard facts. Obviously they all have their own advantages and it depends what suits you. My friend says that a hardcore projector is the best image quality. Specifically the one's that cost thousands. However my budget is tight as you know.

I've also heard that you've either got the 'rainbow sight' or you haven't. It doesn't mean you can't see quality, you just gotta pray that your eyes won't recognise the rainbow effect.

15. kourosh

kourosh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,043
    the best image quality is still crt,but dlp comes a close second with lcd 3rd and plasma last,dont forget for a projector you do need a dark room so maybe not so practical.I think the rainbow issue is very true you either see it or you dont,some people really let that issue distract them from enjoying the screen by just trying to look for the rainbow! if you cant see it dont go looking for it have a read on the dlp forum.There will be a next generation of dlp's out soon so they are even getting better than they are.Sony are bringing out there new 3lcd rear projection out next month to replace the currant grand wega its a lot thinner and not so bulky also built in freeviw and the best of all hidef ready with hdmi the 42" will be around £1500 :thumbsup: