Opinions on Sharp 28JW74H & 28JF74H Please

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Jimmi, Feb 17, 2003.

1. Jimmi

Jimmi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Can anyone tell me what both these sharp sets are like ?.
    What screen modes are available, geometry, any possible niggles etc.
    Thanks.

2. dude1971

dude1971

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking to get one of these sets as well, has no on else on this forum got one? :-(

3. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +220
    Sharp televisions are generally pretty bad. Think of them in the same way as Beko, Bush, Goodmans, Alba etc and not with other jap firms. The Which reliability survey of May 2002 had their widescreens as the least reliable by a long margin. Also picture is bad with doming being a common problem. Sound is normally good as are general features. Sharp CRT televisions have been a bit of a disaster for sharp in europe and they are now pulling out of CRT production. Their current range of models is meant to be their last although more than likely they will badge engineer later models so they will probably be vestel made models from turkey. Vestel being europe's biggest television manufacturer but you wouldn't know it as they tend to only oem products outside Turkey.

What Hifi magazine this month compares various 28" widescreen sets and as expected the sharp fares worse than even Bush and goodmans on picture quality.

4. Jimmi

Jimmi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Thats bizarre bonzobanana because I brought the Sharp28JW74H and despite needing to be returned due to a fault, it was the best WS I've owned so far and I've owned Beko's, Panasonics, and Philips.