1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opinions on ProV on an LCD display

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by cadmeister, Jan 22, 2003.

1. cadmeister

cadmeister
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK, happy with my plasma so onto other projects... I have a 14" LCD monitor for the PC in our kitchen it sits right next to a 14" TV which seems a bit daft as the TV takes up loads of room. Originally I planned to replace the TV as I have a good ATI all-in-wonder card in the PC that "does" TV, but didn't turn out to be a great image and it's a bit painful to use (no remote, shonky software).

So any opinions on whether a ProV onto the LCD will be as good as the 14" telly ? It'll be used just for TV watching - a combination of terrestrial and SKY signals. I don't want to waste £100 on something we won't use?

Opinions please.

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    It sounds pretty funky. Pro-v is mono sound, bu then this sounds like it won't be bothering you. There are issues on very large displays, but then it's only £100, not an iscan ultra. I'd expect some very reasonable results.

3. cadmeister

cadmeister
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes this is just a small-telly replacement so mono sound is OK. I think I might ask the chaps on the Projector forum the same question as more of them seem to have used the ProV.