Opinions on monitor audio silver range for home cinema

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by AudioAlien89, Aug 9, 2018.

?
  1. Yes

60.0%
  2. No

20.0%
  3. Depends

30.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. AudioAlien89

AudioAlien89
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi guys, what is your opinion on the silver 6G range for home cinema. Is it a contender in its price range? Let me know what you think.

2. Gasp3621

Gasp3621

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +917
    Contender surely! If one has dedicated space where he listens very loud, then there might be better options than the usual "consumer" brands. For a typical living room cinema i can´t see no reason why Silver serie wouldn´t be on your demo list if you also like how they look. Especially for living room cinema the speakers need to look good for full satisfaction!

I noticed that MA Silver 300 (1250£) measured better than B&W 702 S2 (3300£) and Kal R. who did the listening test in Stereophile didn´t feel he would need to change he`s own MA Silver 8s to 702 S2. MA also listens customers and read reviews as the C150 center channel is now 2.5-way and many has asked 3-way center channel, finally they got it out for Silver serie (C350). As you probably know the horizontal type of MTM center channel is compromise generally, but MA is clearly doing something about it.. Why do i mention this? If over ~60% of movies soundtrack comes from center channel, it better be good and keep up with the mains!
    Seymour AV | Center Best Practice

MA Silver 100 & 200 has been praiced in AVForums and WHF reviews. But as always listen as many models you can within your budget, no one knows which you like most as it`s so personal choice. You wouldn´t buy car without test driving couple different brands?! ;) It`s better to sleep your nights good knowing that you made the right call, then there is no room for buyers remorse or the "what if " thoughts..

@StefanBFC got Silver 300 & C350 for the front stage, you might hear couple comments from him after he gets system up and running! He liked new Silver`s better than KEF Q & R serie, maybe there was others aswell.

3. gibbsy

gibbsy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,401
    They are a good quality speaker, no doubt and have had many good reviews and many happy owners. Buying speakers is a very personal thing though, what suits me may very well annoy the hell out of you, that's why auditions are so important, we are all different.

You should line up a couple of other makes and models as I was certain that in an amp audition I was going to walk out with a Naim Nait. I'm so glad I asked for a Rega to be included as it blew me away. If I had bought a Naim blind then I would probably be very happy because I would not have known the Rega was better.

A good dealer should be more than happy to line up a few models for you to spend some time with.

4. dollag

dollag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +845
    As @gibbsy said speakers are a personal thing and would recommend an audition.

Personally I prefer the kefs uniQ driver for home cinema, there soundstage and cohesion for me is what makes them better. I know others prefer the ma’s.

If you ask 10 different people you’ll get 10 different answers.

Defo a contender there is no doubt!

5. miguelbarroso

miguelbarroso

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    I have to say I just came from a pair of KEF Q55.2 + KEF Reference Model 100 to a pair of MA Silver RX6 (4G) + Silver Centre (5G), and the improvement was massive. I couldn't afford buying new, and couldn't find a pair of used Silver 8 (5G) that I wanted, so the RX6 are a temporary fix. But even with the RX6, movies got a new dimension with this setup, and the Silver Centre really excels!