1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opinions on Monitor Audio S8's

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Douzeper, Sep 14, 2004.

1. Douzeper

Douzeper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Anyone own the Monitor Audio S8's? I am undecided between these and a pair of PSB Image T55's both for use with a NAD C372.

Unfortunately I cannot hear either speaker in a shop before I purchase.

Anyone using the MA with a 372?

Thanks in advance.

2. phillfyspoon

phillfyspoon
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    Im using MA s1 which are £300 which i demoed againt 5 other speakers all costing over £900. It shined against them all. So i cant recommened MA enough.

3. Knightshade

Knightshade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Hi Douzeper,
    MA would be a good match with NAD, just make sure they have plenty of air around them and not too close to back walls. They can also be a little bright so cable choice would be quite important.
    They can easily overpower a small room. If the s8's are too big the S6's may do the job. Might be a better matching for your amp as well. Both are outstanding speakers. Don't be afraid to use the port bungs that come with them they help to control the bass in unfavourable environments. I'm afraid I haven't heard the PSB's so I can't help you with those.
    Hope this helps.

4. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i've just tried the s6' after spending much time enjoying the s1 and s5 and cannot stress how good these speakers are at their price. A fine build quality too. The bigger they go the better they seemed to sound so S8' could only be better!!

5. Douzeper

Douzeper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys very helpfull...

I have a large room, approx 25 feet by 15 feet, would the S6's be big enough?

Currently using TDL 10's which have took a lot to get somewhere near my liking but I don't think I will ever be satisifed with them, they were very very bright for my taste at the start and with some cabling etc i have took most of that away. Although they "fill" the room very easily with loads of power left.

It worries me that you say the S6's can be very bright.

Thanks again