Opinions on Mission M7C2 centre speaker?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Chucky, Aug 8, 2002.

1. Chucky

Chucky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am thinking of buying an M7C2 centre speaker.

The rest of setup will be:

-Yamaha RX-V630RDS (still have to buy it)
    -Mission 773e fronts
    -Mission 77DS rears
    -Mission M7C1 centre rear
    -Paradigm PDR10 sub

For the front centre, i am considering either 77C1 or an M7C2 with a very strong preference for M7C2 because I like its looks and because its a much newer model.

Would M7C2 be suitable?

2. petrobas

petrobas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Best going for a 77c1 to match the fronts , keep the timbre the same .

3. spicymackerel

spicymackerel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently changed my centre speaker from m7c1 to m7c2.

All my speakers are mission as follows ;

front speakers M74
    rears - M77DS
    sub - M70

I suppose I'm like most people and am constantly adding things and tweaking my system. However nothing has made such a big difference as changing my centre speaker. To be honest I was sceptical that there would be any improvement but dialogue is much clearer and it performs much more like a surround speaker with the centre sounds now seeming to have much more movement and depth. Even my wife, who scoffs at all my attempts to improve my system, was impressed and that's a major accolade. The difference is really so obvious that I now think that the c1 was really incompatable with my other speakers - underpowered or something. Never mind I'm now really pleased. Now if I can only get my subwoofer upgraded ...
    By the way the C2 looks really good in the silver as well.

4. Chucky

Chucky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Derek, excellent post. VERY VERY appreciated.
    Many thanks!

I would rather stick with my hunch and buy the M7C2 (in silver) than simply buy 77C1 for the sake of keeping it "matched" to 773e.

5. micb3rd

micb3rd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    My opinion of the M7c2 it is great, it sounds very good and matches my Floorstanding Mission M73's very well.

6. jonny m

jonny m
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I would 2nd or 2rd that motion

recently heard the m7c1 with m74's and the system sounded quite unbalanced due to the m7c1, quite amazed mission sells these as complete packages

7. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +111
    I see where you are coming from Chucky by wanting something that looks cool and that will be the M7C2. However all the blokes who have one also have floorstanders from the same range ie M73/74's. My best mate has M74's and uses a 77C1 and frankly it sounds pretty crappy. Not because the 77C1 is poor (it's excellant) but 'cos it doesn't match properly.

Mackeral and Jonny both complained about unbalanced sound from the M7C1 - why? 'cos it doesn't match tonally. If you are serious about great sound, get the matching centre for your fronts - it is an excellant speaker with it's own range. Cheap too right now.

8. jonny m

jonny m
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Chucky
    I think Nobber22 hit the nail on the head, the only prob with the 77c1 is the limited availability, rs are selling the 77c1 (the only piece of mission kit they have in stock) for £99, and thats half its rrp.

I myself are trying to now get hold of the mission 77 kit and am finding it difficult to say the least to get stock!

9. mr_wriggly

mr_wriggly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know where you've been shopping! I got mine from HiFiBitz for £120 including delivery and am thrilled with it. I have M73 fronts and it matches well. It also looks great in silver on top of my silver Panny TV. Just buy one, go on!

10. KevB_UK

KevB_UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It seems a lot of people get confused with the Mission ranges.

I'm not saying the M7C2 wouldn't be a good match the 773s, but it is from a range that is placed lower in the market than the 77 series was when it was released. The M5 series is the equivalent of the old 77 series, not the M7.

11. jonny m

jonny m
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    mr_wriggly
    I just beat you to the correction! what color are your m73's, I was thinking about the 73's but im not sure I want the whole set in black ( as it needs to match), pity they dont produce the new m7c2 in colour other than black and silver.

Wonder if mission will release a new cinema pack with the c2 in it.