Question Opinions on LG 49UF690 or Sony KDL50w805C

TeaMonster

Novice Member
Hi guys

Hopefully someone might be able to give me some personal input.

I am in the market for a new tv after getting a solid 8 years from an early 40" Samsung 1080i LCD tv that has started to play silly buggers with some terrible vertical banding.

After spending god knows how much time umming and arghing I have come across the following two TV's that caught my eye:

SONY BRAVIA KDL50W805C 50 inch 3D Smart LED Android TV 1080p HD Youview
LG 49UF690V 49 inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV Freeview HD

Obviously the Sony is a 1080p set which has a large number of highly praising reviews as a stunning full HD set and the LG is 4k which I've been unable to find too many reviews about.

The TV's main usage is currently would be for a mixture of Youview HD and SD TV with a fair amount of SD content being watched by my wife and a bit of gaming on an Xbox 360 and soon to be PS4.

We've also got Amazon Prime so we would have the option of any future 4K content that it plans on showing.

I'm planning on going in to my local Richer Sounds in the coming few days to see them in the flesh but I just wanted to ask the forum if there were any owners of either set and what their views on the set were.

In particular I'm interested/concerned about the performance of the LG with SD content.

I'd also be open to other suggestions for other sets under £600 that come highlight recommended.

Thanks for your help in advance!
Mack

The latest video from AVForums

Amazon Fire TV Cube Gen 3 Review: Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom