opinions on Hitachi 42PD5200

teknosys

Standard Member
Reaction score
I am considering this plasma - would be intersted in some feed back as to how it compares with others.

I've got a 5300 (same panel as the 5200 but with a tuner box) and had a 42PD3000 before that. Picture quality is generally very good with Sky and fantastic with DVD once setup correctly. I've certainly got no regrets over buying one. A number of people have reported that the panel buzzes quite loudly - this was the case with my 3000 byt the 5300 is almost totally silent.

If you do a search on the forums you'll find a number of threads on the Hitachi - suffice to say it has it's supporters and others who wouldn't touch one if it was the last plasma on earth.

You might also want to consider the Panasonic PW6/7 series - they are the most popular on here.

HTH

John

Just ordered one of these from www.flatdeal.com for the incredible price of £2040 which includes VAT and delivery. Their wall brackets are a bit expensive so I would suggest ordering them from someone such as www.av-sales.com.

If this price can be bettered then I would love to know. They also offer 12 months interest free.

I've got the 5300 model too - an excellent TV ! Mine buzzes a little, but all plasmas buzz a little.

I'm very happy with my 5100 (which is a 5200 without the tuner box). Got that for £1790 plus a small amount for delivery. It does need direct connections (rather than the media centre) but is pretty flexible (4 separate AV in's with lots of choice and 2 PC inputs). PQ is outstanding, though I am still finding the best cables and settings all round. Despite the negative postings about this model, I think you'd be very happy with it for most types of use, and it is better suited for HD than the SD models (if not quite as well-suited as a true 1024x768 panel, non-ALIS panel), at about £1,000 less than those models

Ian

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom