1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

opinions on Hitachi 42PD5200

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by teknosys, Nov 30, 2004.

1. teknosys

teknosys
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am considering this plasma - would be intersted in some feed back as to how it compares with others.

2. johndon

johndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +88
    I've got a 5300 (same panel as the 5200 but with a tuner box) and had a 42PD3000 before that. Picture quality is generally very good with Sky and fantastic with DVD once setup correctly. I've certainly got no regrets over buying one. A number of people have reported that the panel buzzes quite loudly - this was the case with my 3000 byt the 5300 is almost totally silent.

If you do a search on the forums you'll find a number of threads on the Hitachi - suffice to say it has it's supporters and others who wouldn't touch one if it was the last plasma on earth.

You might also want to consider the Panasonic PW6/7 series - they are the most popular on here.

HTH

John

3. daren jackson

daren jackson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just ordered one of these from www.flatdeal.com for the incredible price of £2040 which includes VAT and delivery. Their wall brackets are a bit expensive so I would suggest ordering them from someone such as www.av-sales.com.

If this price can be bettered then I would love to know. They also offer 12 months interest free.

4. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    I've got the 5300 model too - an excellent TV ! Mine buzzes a little, but all plasmas buzz a little.

5. lintonmac

lintonmac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm very happy with my 5100 (which is a 5200 without the tuner box). Got that for £1790 plus a small amount for delivery. It does need direct connections (rather than the media centre) but is pretty flexible (4 separate AV in's with lots of choice and 2 PC inputs). PQ is outstanding, though I am still finding the best cables and settings all round. Despite the negative postings about this model, I think you'd be very happy with it for most types of use, and it is better suited for HD than the SD models (if not quite as well-suited as a true 1024x768 panel, non-ALIS panel), at about £1,000 less than those models

Ian

6. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    :devil: I need say no more.