1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opinions on DVDIMPORT

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by thesnowman, May 31, 2004.

1. thesnowman

thesnowman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Has anyone ever used dvdimport, whats your opinion of there service good? Bad? How long does it normally take for delivery?

The reason I ask is because I placed an order with them a over a week ago, my first time using there services, they had a title I wanted and it was also the cheapest, they stated that the dvd was in stock and ready for delivery, since placing the order I haven't heard from them no email what so ever stating wheather the dvd has shipped, I checked my account and it states the order is pending (weird as they said the dvd was in stock)

I've gave them a couple of emails enquiring about this order and they've not given me a reply yet

which gives me the impression that there service is :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

2. valhalla

valhalla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Virtually the same experience at the moment.

It's now three weeks however since I ordered an "in stock" item, and three emails later (one a week), I've had no reply.

NEVER using them again. Contacting my credit card company after four weeks.

3. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Can't say I've used them all that regularly, but I've used them two or three times, when they had items even cheaper then DVD Soon, and I have never had a problem. I e-mailed them through their on site message system, and got a reply the next day. I have just ordered an 'in stock' item from them, and it showed the next day on my account as 'shipped', but they don't actually send shipment confirmation e-mails, you have to check for yourself.

4. thesnowman

thesnowman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Gave them another email yesturday, still no response
    I'm suspecting dvdimport is just another SPLASHDVD!!!
    one to AVOID folks

Simon6776-when was the last time you used them? because there present service is non-existant

5. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I ordered Master and Commander off them (the 2 disc SE), which came without any problems, and I have just last week ordered The Unforgiven 10th Anniversary 2 Disc SE, which was shipped the next day.

6. thesnowman

thesnowman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Finally recieved an email from them today, they explained the dvd was on order and will ship in a weeks time.
    thank god, how about you valhalla, have you heard from them yet?