Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Opinions on ACOUSTIC ENERGY AEGIS EVO 3

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Rob100, Mar 8, 2005.

1. Rob100

Rob100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +227
    As subject, are these good value for money? Opinions on the centre are also welcomed :) They seem good value and have some good reviews.

All the picture I find don't have the front grills on. Can anyone tell me what colour the grills on the beech speakers are?

Personally I would like to leave them off, but this is not very practical with a 2 year old in the house!

Thanks in advance,

Rob.

2. Markie Boy

Markie Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Perth, Western Australia (Originally Ireland)
    Ratings:
    +226
    There has been numerous threads singing the praises of the AE speakers. Normally I would be a wee bit annoyed that you havent used the search, but as an AE Evo 3 owner I feel the need to constantly sing their praises!!!
    Have them for just over a year now and love them. The centre is a perfect match, very detailed and plenty of authority. I'm going to be upgrading to the new AE Aelite3's in the next few weeks though...

3. d0mj4y

d0mj4y
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    In which case would your Evo 3's be coming onto the market? ;)

4. Markie Boy

Markie Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +226
    Quite possibly, but shippimg them to ya would cost ya a packet!!!(see my location) :)

5. Rob100

Rob100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +227
    Thanks for the reply. I must confess I have been a little lazy by not searching the forum.

I guess my question was badly worded. I was really wondering how these speaker compare with some newer products. All the reviews I've found are a little old and I was really wondering how these compare to MA silvers etc that are obviously somewhat more expensive.

With the Evo 3's you seem to be getting a lot for your money - is there anything else in this price bracket that compares?

If someone could also answer ref the grill colours I would be very grateful.

Rob.

6. Markie Boy

Markie Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +226
    The grilles on all the AE speakers are black. Speaker technology doesnt move as fast as electronic equipment, which is why its not uncommon for a speaker to be on the market for years, whereas look at any of the A/V brands - new models nearly every 6-8 months. Of course any Evo owner will tell you they rock, and I am no exception! But they are highly regarded and in the UK are a steal (unlike here in Oz where they retail for AU$1500pr)