Opinions of www.importmadness.co.uk

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by Orson, Feb 26, 2003.

1. Orson

Orson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +669
    Just wondered if anyone has used these - if so what is their service like, and do you get stung for customs charges?

importmadness

Their prices seem good, but not if customs add anything on - incidentally, does anyone know what charges customs add on? is it VAT, or 'import duty' , or both ? :thumbsdow

Thanks......

2. Andrew_arkless

Andrew_arkless

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Not used them yet but was considering as their prices are
    good, - has anyone used this company ?

Regading inport duty, if you get hit you will be charged VAT
    on whatever they declair on the package plus a handling charge
    from Royal mail or the courier company.

3. Andrew_arkless

Andrew_arkless

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Orson,

Did you order from these ?, i'd be interested in what you think
    of them.

4. Orson

Orson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +669
    No, I've not taken the plunge yet, just because I'm not sure how much I would end up paying for a £30 game - adding VAT makes it not too unreasonable, but if there's then a handling fee of over £5, it would be cheaper to buy off someone else.

I've preordered the PAL version of SuperMonkey Ball 2 from play.com for £35, but I'm desperate to buy an import game to justify buying freeloader, Animal Crossing looks favourite, so I may just take the plunge & order from Rising Sun as this is UK based & therefore attracts no customs etc. charges, and the guy who runs it comes highly recommended (user pmelon from edge forums), after all, thers only a few quid difference anyway

5. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Thanks for the link to rising sun, i have been looking for an import shop around where i live.
    But the only one i found were selling them at £55 :eek: there is no way i'm paying that. so thanks again, off i go to order SMB2 to try my new freeloader out:)

6. Sam

Sam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Having bought from liksang and tronix and other places outside the UK, I generally find that if you use the normal postage service instead of the couriers, you will get away without paying customs.

Never had to pay any customs with tronix, the only time I did was when i used a courier (fedex I think) - and i never actually paid them for it anyway! :eek:

7. victorrichards

victorrichards

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i would check out goblin they are selling smb2 for 34.99 and it has a free freeloader it's the old version of the freeloader but i have that and it works fine with the games except resident evil zero. I think u can have metriod also for the same cost.

8. Orson

Orson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +669
    Just to update this, I didn't order from importmadness or Rising Sun, as I was after Animal Crossing, but neither of them had stock, so I took a chance on DVD Box Office http://www.dvdboxoffice.com/.
    About an hour after ordering from them, I found some posts on other forums really slating them, & saying what long lead/delivery times they have.
    Just my luck :rolleyes: I thought. I ordered Saturday 8th March. On Friday 14th March, Mr. Postie came bearing my shiny new copy of Animal Crossing :D :clap: :D - six days from order to delivery, & no customs or VAT charges :smashin:
    So I'm a happy bunny (AC Ref?) - or at least I would be if I'd had any sleep this weekend (also got Super Monkey ball2 on Friday).
    Still, off to work for a rest now :boring: