1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opinions of Panny DVD players?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by MrNPG, Jun 2, 2005.

1. MrNPG

MrNPG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Hi folks,

I'm currently thinking of changing my DVD player, mainly to get one that has component outputs for my new plasma TV (Panasonic TH42PE50).

I have always had Pioneer players in the past as the PQ, I think, is excellent.

However, my couple of "grumbles" with Pioneer players are the layer change (fairly noticible) and lip sync issues.

What are your views on Panasonic DVD players in general? How do they compare with Pioneer on the PQ front? What is the layer change like on them?

Basically, if I was to get a Panny (looking at the DVD-S29 model) would I be disappointed after owning a Pioneer?

Cheers.

2. pugwashgreg

pugwashgreg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got a panasonic s35 at ridiculously low price from Co-op to use with DVD Ram from my E55, got to say PQ is as good of any of my pioneers on ram and -r, nice machine but like the E55 takes about a decade to load. Cannot see why the s29 which is newer model should not be fine.

3. pugwashgreg

pugwashgreg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    obviously for above do not mean my pioneers play ram- before someone picks me up on the clumsy sentence!!t