1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opinions needed on Tosh 32Z44, 32ZH46 and JVC AV-32X4

Discussion in 'TVs' started by MikeD, Feb 24, 2005.

1. MikeD

MikeD
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi there can anyone comment on the performance, general quality and anything else to do with the Toshiba 32Z44 (AKA 32Z47B from Comet), the 100Hz version 32ZH46 and the JVC AV-32X4.
    I have to admit that I'm a big Sony fan however the sets above have a smallish footprint which is now very important to me.
    The main thing I need to know is how good is the Picture quality and is the 100Hz scanning good on the two relevant models above.
    The spec on the JVC is higher than the two Toshiba's and it is slightly dearer but does it out perform them?

2. markymark34

markymark34

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +328
    ive just returned my 2nd 32Z44 both have the same faults. An annoying buzzing noise (something to do with the coil) and geometry i cant live with.

I really wanted the Tv to be good as i love the way it looks and as you say the small footprint but i just couldnt live with it. If you can find one that doesnt buzz and with ok geometry then great but i couldnt.

Ive gone for a panasonic instead

mark

3. MikeD

MikeD
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi Mark thanks for the input, that's just what I didn't want to hear as I was just starting to favour a Toshiba.
    What was the problem with the geometry?

MikeD

4. markymark34

markymark34

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +328
    If your watching anything in widescreen the black bars at the top and bottom aren't straight. This is a problem on most/all CRT by their very nature(a tube) but sometimes its so small its not noticeable, on the 2 32Z sets that i have owned and 3 that i've looked at in shops its been really bad (to me).

If you look at a set and dont notice it or it doesnt bother you then great but im rather hard to please!

there was almost 1 cm of bend in the top black bar on both that i owned.
    I contacted toshiba directly with the measurements and they said that they were 'within limits' and that i could return the set if i wasn't happy. So i did.

Let us know how you get on.

mark

5. MikeD

MikeD
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks Mark that kind of problem would also annoy me so it looks like the JVC has become the favourite unless anyone knows different!

Problem is I know very little about JVC TV's, would somebody please help!

MikeD