Opinions needed - JVC HD10EK

SirDaz

Standard Member
Hi All,

It's been a long time since I was in the market for a new camcorder, my current one is a Canon mini DV type(always had Canons before).

Anyway, I can't quite stretch to the HF100, but having read a few reviews the JVC HD10EK seems reasonably regarded, most reviews seem to mark it down as they class it as a direct competitor for the HF10/100, and I guess previously the prices were too similar to ignore, BUT Dixons are doing the HD10EK for £380, whereas the best I can find the Canon for is around £500.

Would the £120 difference sway any of you, if you were on a tighter budget, or would you break the bank and get the better Canon?

I want it to do a friends wedding, and for general messing around stuff.

I'm a little wary of the HD camcorders as nearly all reviews slate them indoors (except the Canons it seems), yet they seem to have a simila lux rating to my old camcorders and they were OK. Is it just a case of the reviewers only ever compare to high end and don't reduce their expectations?

So is the JVC any good? What are it's problems? Is it easy enough to edit the footage? Oh and can I burn HD footage to a DVD, if so what types of players would be able to use it??

Cheers, and apologies for so many questions, I've been out of the game for sometime!

The latest video from AVForums

Amazon Fire TV Cube Gen 3 Review: Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom