1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opinions/Info Yamaha speaker set

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by kaneda, Dec 15, 2000.

1. kaneda

kaneda

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Hi

In the latest HCC Hi-Spek are advertising a receiver/speaker package combo consisting of
    Yamaha RX V596RDS Receiver
    NSP300 Cinema speaker package containing x2 Front, x2 Rear effects, 1 Centre and a 40W active Sub

I know the receiver is good but does anyone know if the speaker package is any good?
    It's not listed on the Yamaha website (they only have the NSP 210 and NSP400)

cheers

2. Arthur.S

Arthur.S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This was an earlier posting from myself. Hope it helps.

A friend of mine was going to go the all in one route with a Sony DAV300. £550 multiregion. Last week I spotted that Hi-Spek were bundling a set of £230 Yamaha speakers (NP200 I think) with the new Yamaha RXV-596 receiver, for £399! There are plenty of decent DVD players about for around £150, (To bring him up to the same outlay as the DAV300), but he decided to 'move up the chain' a bit, & bought the new Sony 335.
    Today, I went round & setup/installed the system for him. I've got to say I was impressed! £700 (& remember, it could have been £550!) for a DD 5.1/DTS home cinema system, complete with active subwoofer, & multiregion player is a bargain. Sounded great. Pics via RGB looked fab too. (even on his Matsui telly!) Stereo music was also pretty good. OK, it didn't have the sheer grunt & power that my system has. But then he lives in a semi. I think he wants to stay friends with the neighbours!
    To anybody thinking of putting together their first system, I'd heartily recommend the above.
    ------------------ www.baldyplex.com