Opinions from other owners / future purchasers please?

benji1205

Standard Member
Reaction score
Morning All,

I am currently in a dilemma on what to do. I use the TV for alot of gaming (XB1) and watching sports. Most of the other channels I watch are HD with the occasional SD (via a Virgin HD box).

I currently have a 42" Panny plasma which appears to be developing intermittent faults (mainly horizontal lines forming throughout movement). At the moment it is bearable and as I say, intermittent, however am trying to prepare or pro-actively replace. From reading alot of reviews / threads on here I think that I have come to the following conclusion of which TV to purchase going forward. Do any current owners / people in the same position as me have any opinions on the below:-

Sony KDL-50W829B
Samsung UE48H6700

I am tempted to stretch out the budget and treat myself and potentially take a dive on a 4k set which I would consider the Sony KD55X8505b however with the lack of content and ever developing technology, I am not sure whether to hold fire at present on a 4k set and buy one of the other two above sets to tie me over for another couple of years.

Any opinions please people? Stick with the Plasma until it becomes unbearable, take a plunge on 4K or get an interim set in one of the options above?

Thanks in advance

Had the exact same choice and went with the Samsung 6670 (exactly the same as 6700) - couldn't be happier. Better smart features which I didn't think I'd use in all honesty - but just a week in and I am sing Spotify / Plex etc daily.

Watch out for the Sony lag between changing channels - some even report 30 seconds of no response when turning the TV on. My last Panasonic was slow to navigate and though minor, after a while it really started to annoy me.

Both are great for gaming, and way ahead of Panasonics.

The sonys and vizio p series have lowest input lag. The 850 is gorgeous and you will not be disappointed with it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom