1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opinion - worth upgrading from Panasonic DS29 -> DS60

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by amv71, Feb 10, 2004.

1. amv71

amv71

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all

I own a Panasonic NVDS29 and am looking for something a little smaller for a holiday later this year.

Happy with the NVDS29, I am wondering about the NVDS60 but it would seem that the 60 review in What Camcorder does not seem quite as positive as the one for the 29. I would like to know if it's worth the upgrade.

I am happy with the size reduction between the 29 and 60, but is the quality the same with the DS60? Can anyone here comment on the two and how they compare in terms of quality (both sound and picture)?

Also, how effective is the *colour* nightscope (60) vs the infrared nightscope (29)? While impressed with the 29 night vision, I have never used a colour equivalent...

Finally, if the 60 is *not* recommended, what would you recommend for a similar price (£300-£400) in the compact, low-weight category?

Thanks for reading.

AMV71