opinion req

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by chrismoore, Jun 17, 2002.

1. chrismoore

chrismoore

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After three faulty 32FQ75 tv's I am now looking at a replacement. I have spent most of this weekend in various stores looking at televisions. I have narrowed it down to three models these are the Loewe Vitros 6381: Toshiba 36ZD26P: and the Philips 9607. The only tv that looks great in all the stores reguardless of feed is the Loewe Vitros. The other two may just be as good but were not set up correctly. Could any of you guys out there give me some feed back, either good or bad if you own one of these tv's

2. sparkle999

sparkle999

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    chrismoore, do a search against my name, sparkle999.
    I ended up with a Loewe. :)

3. Oblivion

Oblivion
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Go for the Tosh

Paul

4. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Go for the Loewe ;).

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Check out the Loewe Aconda.
    To date, the finest picture i have seen on a 32 wide.....

Although, i haven't seen every 32 wide!!!!!!!!

It's a cracking all rounder.

Adzman

6. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    chrismoore,
    If you are happy with 32" then Loewe Aconda 9381ZW.
    If you fancy 36" then Philips 36PW9607.
    I'm happy with the former but really would like the latter.

7. chrismoore

chrismoore

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the replys guys. I'd like to here from someone who has the new Toshiba and does it have the faint lines down each side of the screen like the ZP18P. sparkle 999 I have read the thread you started when you were undecided and I know what you went through trying to decide which one. After having three Sony's I want to make sure I get a tv with a great picture. I'm not bothered about the sound as I will be getting a seperate amp and speakers. I have to make my mind up this week as I have to arrange the exchange for my Sony and I am going on holiday for two weeks on Saturday. If only you could hire a tv for a week decisions would be so much easier. Now there an idea for anybody wanting to set up their own business. Being swayed towards the Vitros at the moment.

8. chrismoore

chrismoore

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yesterday went to look at the Loewe Vitros which has been correctly set up in a store in Bradford that sells top elecrical goods. B&O : Loewe etc. then went to powerhouse this morning that had the New Toshiba set up. Both pictures were stunning.
    The colours on the Tosh were very rich and there was no bleed or tizzing or dot crawl at all.
    The Loewe was all of these too. I was hoping one would be of poorer picture quality to make my decision easier.
    In the end I went for thew Loewe. It's hard to put your finger on it but I think the picture just looks so natural and clear.
    Anyway I hope I have made the right decision as my wife wanted the Tosh. She liked the cabinet better.
    To be honest I would have been happy with the Tosh also. The only thing is I can only afford one TV.
    Thanks again for those who replied. For those of you who are looking for a new TV. Go and look at the same model in different shops. Even good TV's that are set up in Comet or Currys look crap because they arn't set up properly. When youve found one read this forum to see if it suffers from any nastys. I bought the Sony before I found this Forum. Knowing what I know now I would never touch a Sony TV again

9. sparkle999

sparkle999

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    You'd better change your signature then! :D

Good luck with your new tv.

10. beowulf

beowulf
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    I had a bad experience with a Sony 32FX60.

Even the replacement isn't perfect - the s-video socket isnt connected at the front properly...

Loewe do seem to make bloomin' good tvs!

B&O too - shame they're so expensive !