• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Opinion position surround speakers

Barbarin

F3BAA0DC-E2E4-488C-ACA6-9B6B098645F5.jpeg
Hello, I’d like to know your opinion. This is my living room. With red arrows are indicated where my sorround speakers are, and I was thinking about changing them into the blue squares position ( in wall speakers)
Do you think it worth? Now they are not symmetrical, but if located in wall, would be more rear than surrounds, and quite close to the head......
Any thought?

D

Deleted member 39241

I will humbly offer an opinion ;)

I think the blue area is better than the red area in terms of width. You don't really want that one all on its own in the corner over there.

But.. as you say, you don't want them too near your head as the sound will be too localised. Maybe have them a bit higher?

Barbarin

Rambles, thank you for your opinion. Dolby recommend 2 feet from ear in the rear speakers, not sure if putting them higher would be a good idea.
I agree with you, the lost speaker in corner is quite far and is easy to locate when watching a film. Not an immersive sound at all.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom