Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Opinion on Sharp XV-Z1E

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by MajikNWA, Jun 11, 2002.

1. MajikNWA

MajikNWA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This projector any good - having trouble finding any decent review tbh. Needs to be portable (Seems to be) but I'd quite like it for a small home cinema too.

Thanks in advance,

Majik

2. Rich1978

Rich1978
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's much better than Sharp's XV-C1E, but that was really poor. The XV-Z1E was my first projector and I was pleased with it at the time. If you're looking for a review there's one at www.homecinemachoice.com - it gets the "Best Buy" award.
    However, you'll notice the review was written back in 1998 and I think LCD projectors have come a very long way since then.

I've recently replaced my XV-Z1E with a Philips Monroe projector and the difference in picture quality is massive. The XV-Z1E also lacking many options such as keystone correction, VGA input, widescreen mode etc. Come to think of it, you mentioned that you wanted something portable - the XV-Z1E is supposed to be portable but it's still about twice the weight of your average "present day" projectors.

When it comes down to it, it depends on how much you can pick it up for (also bear in mind that the bulb costs £450). If you've never seen a projector before you'll still be impressed but it's a model that's 4 years old and is easily out classed by the cheapest models of today.