Opinion on PQ pio 507xd vs Pana TH50PF9

kevantlin

Novice Member
Hi guys

In my constant quest for the "perfect" plasma i would like your opinions on the diff between the above two sets.

I know the panny is a panel but logic tells me that as it doesnt have any tuner therefore the extra money must have gone into the other processing gubbins.

Its like mountain bikes : two bikes at a grand, one is full suspension the other is a hardtail. it makes sense that the hard tail will have better components as they havent had to throw money into the rear suspension.

(sorry for the biking analagy but MTBiking is my other hobby)

Anyway back to the topic what is the PQ like between these two sets?

lgans316

Distinguished Member
Never compare a professional panel with a consumer panel.
Picture Quality will look similar in both PF9 AND 507XD.
PIO excels in Color reproduction. The PF9 arguably has the best black level response. I recommend the PIO as you get more features than the bare bones PH9.

Andy.T

I've not compared them but I think the general opinion is that the Panny panel is better and for the reasons you summise. But it is also quite a bit more expensive, especially once you have added the required input boardsetc. But if the money makes no difference to you go for the Panny especially if you want to do anything PC based.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom