1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opinion on Panasonic Z5

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by kbfern, Sep 1, 2005.

1. kbfern

kbfern
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,138
    Looking at the Z5,reviews seem pretty good, does anyone on the forum have one and prepared to share your views on this camera.

I am looking to get a digital slr type camera and have been looking at the reviews and this camera and it seems to fit the spec I am looking for.

Also the soon to be released Fuji 5600 and Olympus SP500, all these cameras should be in the £270-£300 price bracket all have super Zoom, decent macro and some form of anti shake.

The selection of a suitable camera seems to be more of a minefield than picking a new piece of a/v equipment.

The type of photographs I am looking to take would be nature (birds/plants/animals,aircraft and maybe some sport shots so good zoom and macro is needed.

2. condyk

condyk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I had a FZ3 whicyh is the model before the FZ4 and 5. Superb little camera. The FZ5 would be in the top three to get if I wanted a smaller one to my DSLR. The others would be the Panny 20 or 30 models. Personally, I just wouldn't really look anywhere else based on past experience.