• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Opinion on Gale AR10 & Cambridge Audio One

liampurcell

Standard Member
I am looking for opinions on the combination of Cambridge Audio one system with Gale AR10 speakers.

I first heard the cambridge audio system with a pair of Dali Lektor 1 speakers, and I quite liked the combination but couldn't make my mind up. Several months passed until I went back to purchase the system, but by then the speakers were discontinued. As this is a bedroom system, I need to have very compact speakers. I listened to a couple of pairs in Richer Sounds but eventually settled on a pair of Gale AR10.

They feel like a very solid pair of little speakers, and I think they sound pretty good. I have had to turn the bass-boost feature on and turn the bass up a few notches, but they sound good to me.

The thing I am concerned about is that I'm pairing a £350 mini system with £100 speakers, when I had originally planned to have a more balanced spend. Does anyone have any opinions to offer?

Cheers, Liam

liampurcell

Standard Member
Forgot to say, I didn't get the chance to listen to Qual L-ite (1 or 2) or Q-accoustics 1010i or Wharfedale Diamond 9.0, so was also wondering if these would be any real improvement over the Gale's ?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom