1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opinion on Accoustic Energy Aegis EVO 1 and Evo center speaker

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Jazzartist, Jul 20, 2003.

1. Jazzartist

Jazzartist

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hallo there ,

I have recently bought a pair OF Acoustic Energy Aegies EVO 3 for my second set up. I am considering buying EVo 1 as rear and
    EVO center . I am fairly satisfied with the EVO three . I have read good reviews about EVO 3 in what HI fi and some of my friends also reomanded this one . I have no opportunity to hear the Demo for the EVO center and EVO 1 since there is no outlet diplaying this brand . I will much appreiciate input from Accoustic Energy users and any one who has heard the full set up of Accoustic Energy EVO series . Thanks in advance .

Jazzartist

2. Marshan Man

Marshan Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well personally i havent heard em... but i do remember reading a very good review of them over at www.area450.co.uk as well as something in westy comments on www.dvd.reviewer.co.uk

personally, im saving up for a bit, and my hope is to gewt either the AE EVO set, or the warfdale pacific set. hopeing to test em out, but thats a long way off ATM...

3. NicolasB

NicolasB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +660
    The AE Aegis Evo are generally very well-thought-of for the price. The only exception is the subwoofer that the 1s, 3s and centre tend to be packaged with, which is a little weak.

4. BLACK_MAGIC

BLACK_MAGIC
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I'd second that. I used to own the full agis evo surround set but ended up trading in the sub for a better one. For the price they are excellent speakers and will definatley not dissapoint. I did find the evo 1's to be very directional so when setting it all up make sure you have them behind your seating position. I found them to work well on large stands of about 1 meter in size and as preference not bang up against the wall.

5. Malice

Malice

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It is interesting to read the last EHC mag with a review of the EVO 3B system. They thought the sub was the outstanding item and were impressed with the performance. It was a "quality" item according to them.

Who do we believe?
    Infamy, infamy, they all have it in-for-me!

Mal

6. Jazzartist

Jazzartist

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mrashan Man , Nicolas, Black Magic, Malice ,

Thanks to you all. I appreiciate all of your advise . I was lucky to have found one AE EVO 1 at bargain he just brought it from Singapore couple of days back .I heard the demo on NAD its absolutely fab briliant piece of speakers with great depth and clarity . It was indeed good matching with NAD however I have two choices either Play it with Yamaha or Denon which I presently own . I plan to buy Rotel in the Near future . Buy the way what amp is a good matching for AE Evo series any recommandations? I am surprised to see different magazines passing diffrent views on the same eqipment , its not fair I guess to confuse the readers and users . In my opinion the users are in better position to review the goods who are using it round the year rahther then some expert writing the review in the magazine who will test it once . Can you guys tell me what s the price in UK of AE evo series for each items seperetely . Thanks.

7. BLACK_MAGIC

BLACK_MAGIC
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Any amp up to around the £400 - £500 will be more then ample for the evo's. If you are going to spend more on an amp then I would think better speakers would have to be an option. You can't really go wrong with the yamaha 440 (i think someone help with the model)

The evo prices as they where when i was buying them (probably cheaper now) was

evo 1's- £180
    evo centre - £150
    Evo 3's - £350

I don't know the sub price though :(

[ Edited for slang by Ian J as English is probably not Jazzartist's first language ]

8. Malice

Malice

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  9. Malice

Malice

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If I spent £300 on a pair of speaker I'd expect to be more than just "fairly satisfied". In what way do the EVO's NOT fullly satisfy you?

Mal

10. dejongj

dejongj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am very happy with the AE EVO series. I have the three's at front with the centre, used to have the one's at the rear but found them not working too well in my setup as they were too blocked in by furniture even though they were on highish atacama nexus 6 stands. I 'downgraded' to the EVO Compacts which I mounted high against my rear wall and now feel much more 'in' to the sound.
    I have taken the advice to avoid the sub-woofer, so SVS here I come ;-)

11. Jazzartist

Jazzartist

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Malice ,

When I wrote I was fairly satsified I didnt play it with AV because
    I had only the EVO 3 so I played some Jazz Vocal . I have now the EVO I and 3 and yet to buy the center at the moment I have played them with Klipsch center these speakers are fabulous for AV . As for my comment on music I was expecting it to deliver some more detail when I was playing Vocal Jazz. But nevertheless this spekers are great at their price range . It does have very good integration between all the three units , the bass power and punch are very good . As for the AV the combination of AE EVO 3 / EVO 1 is great .Overall I am sataisfied with this speaker .

Jazzartist

12. rich31365

rich31365
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree with Mal these speakers are, were what HiFi 5 star winners however that said I have them and they are superb!!!!! I highly recommend and the centre is great as well! :clap: