Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising Play & Help thread.

Captain Speedy

Prominent Member
Seeing as shopto have dispatched today, thought I would get the play & help thread started :smashin:

luKasledge

Established Member
First person who gets the game could you please tell me if the co-op is online, offline or both please? :thumbsup:

daveon

Established Member
First person who gets the game could you please tell me if the co-op is online, offline or both please? :thumbsup:

If by offline you mean system link, then yes. Unfortunatly like most developers these days they don't realise that people actually like to get together to play games and don't want to have to carry around consoles and screens with them, so there is no splitscreen option :thumbsdow

oasismark

Distinguished Member
Looking forward to thoughts today, its only Wednesday, nice and early if you get it today. I'm holding out for rental, hoping it comes this weekend.

manowar68

Prominent Member
Got mine today but i've got a problem with it:eek: the sound is playing up.I can hear everything around me guns going off etc but if i fire my gun i hear nothing plus i don't hear any radio chatter.
Anyone else got this problem?

DAZ UK 74

Distinguished Member
No sound issues for me. Great radio chatter and really amazing gun sounds. This is an amazing game so far. I have only played the first mission and I like it alot. I can see what they mean about the commands to your squad are abit mad when your in battle but once you learn the commands you wont even need to look so will be much easier to use. The only bad thing I have come across so far is the really bad AI when driving. If you let the AI drive and you tell it to move to a certain location if anything is in its way it seems to take an age to navigate around things. Also I am unable to blow up things like trees or walls. Other than that I really like it. People who don't like sim type games should stay away from this as its extremely hard and you have to use everything you have to stay alive. Just storming a place isn't going to work and you will die many times. Not tried co-op or multiplayer yet but I will be playing co-op shortly with my m8 so will report back unless someone else does. Some small advice -- Use your eyes and look everywhere before running in -- I died three times in a row thinking its like COD4 and just moving from one checkpoint to another. Hopefully I will get a few games with some of you later :)

luKasledge

Established Member
If by offline you mean system link, then yes. Unfortunatly like most developers these days they don't realise that people actually like to get together to play games and don't want to have to carry around consoles and screens with them, so there is no splitscreen option :thumbsdow

OH for funks sake! No I'm not talking about system link I'm talking about having another funking human being in the room with me on one console. Developers are thick :thumbsdow

Thanks for answering my question mate.

oasismark

Distinguished Member
Also I am unable to blow up things like trees or walls.

I dont think this game has any kind of structure destruction like the Battlefield games.

I'll be happily corrected if wrong though.

Mr Quint

Distinguished Member
I dont think this game has any kind of structure destruction like the Battlefield games.

I'll be happily corrected if wrong though.

From what I have seen footage wise you can flatten buildings. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

DarthyBaby

Established Member
Jesus this game is hard, granted ive only had a quick blast in my lunch hour but its not for the feint hearted and im playing on the lowest difficulty, trying to flank my squad left, reload, look down the sights, kneel down, scratch my arse! I think all those years on COD has shot my patience to bits, will settle down with a horlicks and take my time later on...

Captain Speedy

Prominent Member
By the sound of things, i need to play this on Easy

From what I have read, easy doenst make the game any less difficult you just have more assists, like checkpoints and on screen information in your HUD. You can still die from a single bullet though

oasismark

Distinguished Member
From what I have read, easy doenst make the game any less difficult you just have more assists, like checkpoints and on screen information in your HUD. You can still die from a single bullet though

Correct, all the harder levels do is remove the HUD, and checkpoints.

EyesOnly

Prominent Member
The games bloody hard, good fun though, the accuracy is a little poor though

I've not got the game but I've seen in videos that bullets are affected by gravity so you have to take that in to account depending on distance to the target :smashin:

EDIT: So a bullet will have dropped by approx 10 metres after being fired in one second of flight. Yes that's a massive distance for a far off target.

Last edited:

manowar68

Prominent Member
The games bloody hard, good fun though, the accuracy is a little poor though

Thanks for the online co-op mate,really good fun but hard as nails.
The accuracy is different to other shooters as i think the weapons in flashpoint represents real life weapons and you have to take into account bullet drop etc then again i might be wrong.

manowar68

Prominent Member
Got mine today but i've got a problem with it:eek: the sound is playing up.I can hear everything around me guns going off etc but if i fire my gun i hear nothing plus i don't hear any radio chatter.
Anyone else got this problem?

Installed the game to hdd and all is ok now:clap:

manowar68

Prominent Member
Codes for extra missions,these are case senitive and takes the missions up to 17 instead of 11

RaidT18Z - Night Raid
StrongM577 - Coastal Stronghold
AmbushU454 - Ambush
CloseQ8M3 - Close Quarters
OFPWEB1 - Encampment
OFPWEB2 - Debris Field

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Klipsch The Sevens Powered Speaker Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Back