Operating Toshiba TV using Panasonic SC-PT850 Remote

Andrew9999

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have a Panasonic SC-PT850EB home cinema and Toshiba 40XF355D TV.

I would like to be able to turn the TV on and off using the home cinema remote control but there is no mention of this in the manual despite a dedicated button on the remote.

Advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Andrew.

I would like to be able to turn the TV on and off using the home cinema remote control but there is no mention of this in the manual despite a dedicated button on the remote.

Advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Andrew.

Thats for a Panasonic TV only

OK, thanks. It's surprising that this is the case as previous Panasonic kit I have can operate many models of TV. I have a Panasonic DVD recorder (about 1 year old) and I can use its remote to operate a Sharp TV.

I suppose it's been changed in order to encourage you to buy a Panasonic TV!

Andrew.

Its the same with your Toshiba TV, the remote has buttons for a dvd player?
As long as it a tos

Andrew.

Andrew, can you please let me know if your 850 plays divx discs? I'm thinking of buying one but not sure if it plays divx or not - sorry for jumping on your thread!

Thanks

Andrew, can you please let me know if your 850 plays divx discs? I'm thinking of buying one but not sure if it plays divx or not - sorry for jumping on your thread!

Thanks

The 850 doesnt

Its the same with your Toshiba TV, the remote has buttons for a dvd player?
As long as it a tos

Yes, quite right. I think this is a recent trend to encourage users to buy equipment from the same manufacturer.

Perhaps I need a new remote ... Harmony?

Thanks

As stated above, no divx on the UK version. I don't know why. I understand that some overseas versions support divx.

Doesn't bother me as I don't use this format.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom