opera

gboy

Established Member
Reaction score
hi, hope you can help. my browser is ie6. i want to change to opera. do i have to uninstall ie6. also where can i get the opera browser from ? kind regards. gboy.

hi, badger o-o thanks for your help. much appreciated. cheers. kind regards. gboy. :thumbsup:

I'm not sure there is really a bad browser these days. It's just minor issues and differences, imo.
I think Opera is as good as anything else, so it's definitely worth a try.
I actually liked Google chrome for it's fast rendering speed, but ultimately have moved back to Firefox. Its just a personal thing in that it just feels "right".
Another big factor was that some of the latest browsers seem to be fairly resource-hungry. That's not an issue with recent computers, but my steam powered box struggles. FF uses the lowest resources, fortunately :smashin:

I have been (mainly) using Opera for years without problems. That is until the latest version was installed.

Oddly enough, it was on this site that the problem kept occurring, but as it's gone away I won't bore you with the details.

Coming from a rock hard IE user...

Google Chrome > *

After reading all the reports about Chrome phoning home to report your interests and activities, I won't touch it.

You'd better not go on the internet then.
Surely every site that sets a tracking cookie is reporting home?

You'd better not go on the internet then.
Surely every site that sets a tracking cookie is reporting home?

But you can block cookies. The difference with Chrome is that it's claimed to be looking at your browsing habits and selecting adverts based on that.

But you can block cookies. The difference with Chrome is that it's claimed to be looking at your browsing habits and selecting adverts based on that.
If you are on about the RLZ tracking, you can turn that off. Like I have, and with AdSweep, I don't see any adverts at all.

Besides I always run Google Chrome in Incognito mode, so nothing gets saved, ever.

If you are still really suspicious, you can download the SRware version of Chrome.

and with AdSweep, I don't see any adverts at all..
expect on AVF
Forum rule 15: Use advert blocking software or plugins to block the advertising at AVForums. Click here to read more about our policy regarding the use of advertising.

Curly

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom