Opera - your thoughts

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by silvercue, Sep 12, 2007.

1. silvercue

silvercue
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,670
    I know there are a couple of OPera threads, but they have no posts since last year and I have one simple question...

Is this worth getting? I have a wireless LAN but would not want this if the pages are really badly displayed etc.

Any of your thoughts after using this would be greatly appreciated.

TiA

2. Intya

Intya

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    I picked up the DS Lite version from GAME the other week when it was advertised at £11.98. For the money, it's not half bad but I certainly would have begrudged paying the full RRP for it. I really only bought it for having gamefaqs pages handy rather then over the other side of the room, and in that respect it works great. It struggles with any other type of website though, anything that utilises a lot of images causes the browser to chug along at a snails pace.

Don't expect much from it and you won't be disappointed. It's not as good as a PDA with Windows and IE on it, but then again it doesn't cost the same if you already have a DS.

3. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,820
    I bought one of these ages ago, it isn't that bad but it is VERY slow. Decided to keep it as it'll come in handy when traveling etc. with all the free WiFi hotspots that are around everywhere these days.

We're travelling back to England for 6 weeks next Spring so it'll no doubt provce handy then.

You can disable pictures etc. to speed things up quite a bit which does help. Infact it's very customisable in that respect. Apart from the speed I think it works very well, the twin screens including the bottom touch screen are great.

All in all I would recommend it if you could really do with internet access on the move at a fraction of the cost of a tablet pc etc. If you're thinking of browsing at home(lazing in bed etc.) then I wouldn't recommend as I think you'd soon lose patience.