Opera for Wii available on Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just noticed it is a 'trial' version.. Does this mean we have to pay for the final version when it comes out in the spring ?

cool, been looking forward to this to see whats its like :)

its going to be like 56k days

Do you have a link to anywhere that says we'll have to pay for the final version? I use Opera on my PC and phone and those are both free of charge. Possibly the use of the word 'trial' is to signify it's a beta version and might still need some bugs ironing out, hence the release of a 'final' version in the spring.

Do you have a link to anywhere that says we'll have to pay for the final version? I use Opera on my PC and phone and those are both free of charge. Possibly the use of the word 'trial' is to signify it's a beta version and might still need some bugs ironing out, hence the release of a 'final' version in the spring.

Isn't the DS browser opera and that costs about £30. I'd guess the wii browser will be the same

Isn't the DS browser opera and that costs about £30. I'd guess the wii browser will be the same

But that comes on a cartridge, hopefully the download will be free. Why would you pay for it? :confused:

The "final" version of the browser will be available in March '07 and completely free to download up until June '07. After June, it'll cost 500 Wii points.

Nintendo have said it will be free until June/July but after that there will be a charge. If we need to pay to upgrade our "Trial" version to the full version remains to be seen.

The "final" version of the browser will be available in March '07 and completely free to download up until June '07. After June, it'll cost 500 Wii points.

Got a link old fella me lad?

Fair play to Ninty. They've got the content bandwagon moving early with some interesting stuff. Ticking most boxes (with the notable exception of hardware delivery - although it doesn't feel as bad as the 360 was).

Hopefully we shall get Opera for free as we are testing it for them :clap:

Will this get used alot?

It all depends on the interface.

Though i like the way you will zoom in and out by moving the wiimote closer and father away from the screen.

If it's dificult to use people won't use it.

What i'm hoping works well is sites like Cebebies, so my daughter can play on the kids games on thier website.

I actually think it will work rather well... I have never seen the point of browsing the web on a tv before, there have been several attempts in the past to make it seem like a good thing to do.. remember the Bush Internet TV? But I think this could be a winner.

The DS version of Opera got pretty favourable reviews as regards its interface (poor speed though!), so if they dont cripple it, and make it as slow as a dog then it should be a pretty good way of browsing from the comfort of your armchair without having to have a hot and heavy laptop on your knee...

I also think it would be great for sites like CBeebies as just mentioned above... its supposed to have Flash support so looks like it could be all ready to go out of the box, so to speak.

now who's for Balamory Karaoke? :)

Sounds great and from reading the press release it's good to see that they are giving it away free to early adopters (Texas Hold em Style on the 360).

So as this will be available tomorrow I wonder what time we can download ? Anyone know what time the Weather update came out in the UK ?

Also, will this be like the weather channel where we get an email on the Wii ?

Not sure mate... I imagine it will send you a message and a button to click to download it, but it wont be part of a system update, as such, it will be separate, and you choose if you want to download it or not. Just my guess. I personally hope its released early, as I am away for the weekend from about 10am and wouldn't mind trying it out before then...

So as this will be available tomorrow I wonder what time we can download ? Anyone know what time the Weather update came out in the UK ?

Not sure exactly what time the weather channel came on but when I got in from work at 6am my Wii slot was blue and it was available then. Hopefully I'll get in tomorrow morning and it'll be lit up again.

releasedate_comic.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom