Opening PANASONIC Smart TV from Panasonic DMR-BWT850 recorder

Albyefield

Novice Member
until a recent powercut my Panasonic smart TV would open when starting my Panasonic Model No. DMR-BWT850 connected by HDMI to HDMI 6 would start but I now have to start the TV additionally or press Video Menu, Guide or Function Menu on the recorder remote, can any one help me get back to auto open of myTV TX-43gX680B

Last edited:

Albyefield

Novice Member
Sorry I am feeling rather red faced this is posted in the wrong area I was having a senior moment the TV is not LG which was my previous TV but Panasonic TX-43GX680B so it's no wonder I have not had a reply, could someone please move it to the correct forum

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Read Page 16 of your TV's user manual (easily found by a Google search) about CEC and how to enable it.

Albyefield

Novice Member
Thank you, I will do just that I do have another query
Why do I have to enter my PIN when playing some recordings Guidance is turned off and I live alone and am over 80

Albyefield

Novice Member
I don't understand why but all settings were correct so in desperation I changed the HDMI connections my moving 3 of the leads to different equipment and all now are working as before ???

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: We review Dune and ask which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom