Openbox s9 foreign channels

royboy2009

Standard Member
I'm on a fixed sky dish but looking to get a 2nd motorised dish. Is the openbox capable of opening channels on Thor, Badr or will I need another receiver. Still a learning curve all this sat stuff but very intriguing. Also will I need a sub card to open these channels. Primarily I'm looking for 3pm Saturday premiership football
Cheers

davemurgatroyd2

Distinguished Member
As virtually all premiership matches are on subscription channels we cannot discuss on this forum illegal methods of receiving/stealing pay TV. However the Openbox can use most genuine subscription cards in its own card-reader and as it also has a CI slot it should be capable of using any genuine CAM and card. You will be better off leaving the question of which to subscribe to until shortly before the season starts so as to see which providers will be covering 3 p.m matches next season. Cards for this seasons coverage varied from just over £200 to around £1500 for cards purchased in the UK and quality and coverage of matches varied tremendously across these.

logiciel

Still a learning curve all this sat stuff but very intriguing. Also will I need a sub card to open these channels
You already have access with your Sky receiver to the satellites at 28E and to all the channels they carry.
There are many other satellite groups that can be accessed from within the UK: Europe, Africa & Middle East - LyngSat.
Some or many of them can be accessed with either a fixed dish with two or more LNBs, or with a motorised dish.
There are many receivers suitable for use with either system.
Most of the channels do not broadcast in English, and many of them are encrypted.
A few channels carry UK football games and most of those are encrypted, and therefore require purchase of a viewing card.
That's it - very simple. ;)

Last edited:

1080 jawbreaker

this section needs some stickies as the same questions keep getting asked over and over again

logiciel

Are you volunteering to write a summary of what satellite TV is about, other than being about receiving Sky and Freesat?

1080 jawbreaker

Are you volunteering to write a summary of what satellite TV is about, other than being about receiving Sky and Freesat?

no :) the search button already answers the commonly asked questions :thumbsup:

logiciel

And you know how often people post without using the Search!

pedro2000uk

Distinguished Member
I'm on a fixed sky dish but looking to get a 2nd motorised dish. Is the openbox capable of opening channels on Thor, Badr or will I need another receiver. Still a learning curve all this sat stuff but very intriguing. Also will I need a sub card to open these channels. Primarily I'm looking for 3pm Saturday premiership football
Cheers

You should start at LJs for the best match & provider information on the net, it lists all the matches & the providers that are covering each match so you can see who covers your team etc... The cheapest provider of EPL is Tring on 15.8e from £159 renewal & £179 to start.

If you look at Lyngsat.com it doesn't help with a lot of things, you will get lists of almost all the satellites & channels around the world including most of the channels & satellites receivable in the UK but unless you know more it takes time to know which are receivable in the UK.

You do get various cross searches & footprint maps to help ... but it won't help you find all the English channels/ movie channels & channels that carry football matches that are not sports channels around the arc or those on feeds (LJs helps there).

On a good system you should be able to receive satellites between 45e to 45w, more or less, but some satellites [or their different beams] have a stronger signal in the UK & some have very weak signals.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom