• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Open source shopping carts

e46_m3

Currently I have a store running on a heavily modded OSCommerce 2.2RC2a install but as I add more and more contributions to it Im starting to see the benefits of using one of the packaged offerings but really cannot decide on which to go with:

OSCMax - doesnt have all the contributions I need so by using it Im going to have to manual contribution additions anyway plus a lot of contributions are not OSCMax compatible so I might actually be taking a backward step. At best will be similar to where I am now with my current OSC implementation.

CRE Loaded - has most of what I want BUT now charges for the software (well they say for support and updates - errrr, yeah) and, out of principal, I refuse to pay for GPL software which they have basically spent little or no money actually developing.

Zen Cart - not much experience here, again based on OSC but struggling to find a list of which contributions it has out of the box so not able to provide a real comparison.

Magento - looks REALLY promising and has just about every feature I need (affiliate is the only one I can see really which is missing I think) but its SO slow I just cant bring myself to use it on a live site plus will struggle to get my current store imported without having to manually add 450 products again which I DONT want to have to do.

Are there any I am missing which I should look at? Are there any other things about each of the above that I missing which is are good/bad points?

I need a store which is PHP based, runs on Linux (hence posting here!), is quick, preferably template based (one of my HATES about OSC) and which is either got every gadget and bell and whistle available OR can be customised - I dont mind paying for it either, it doesnt have to GPL but I wont pay for CRE when I can achieve the same myself through using the same contributions etc they have and where they add no real value in my eyes.

Thanks

Jase

brunation

Magento - looks REALLY promising and has just about every feature I need (affiliate is the only one I can see really which is missing I think) but its SO slow.

Hmm, I'm thinking of adding this as a supported product (I'm a developer). It's definately slow if you turn caching off.

Cubecart ?

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom