• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Open Source Office Program.

johnloughray

Standard Member
Not sure if this is the right place for this.

I have an older version off Microsoft Office on my main laptop that's more than adequate for my needs, i have a we laptop i use for travelling mainly surfing and watching movies. Is there a decent open source office program that would allow me to open my my Microsoft Office stuff, edit them and save in a .doc or.exl Microsoft office format. It' would only be the odd word or excel document i would need to edit.

MacrosTheBlack

Prominent Member
Open Office or LibreOffice will meet your need for a free Office Suite compatible with Microsoft Office.

ObsidianEclipse

Established Member
I've used both open office and libre office. Libre office is an offshoot of open office and in my opinion it's developed much more extensively so that's what I'd recommend.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom