Open Source CCTV footage viewer needed.

Discussion in 'Computer Software & Operating Systems' started by mr_m_cox, Aug 8, 2018.

1. mr_m_cox

mr_m_cox
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi All,
    I have recently built a new CCTV system at my office which is working great and the open source software we are using to record the footage and deal with the motion detection etc is doing great however it doesn't have a viewer, without paying a subscription anyway.

So I am looking for open source software, that can run on Windows, that I can point at the archive of recordings and get it allow me to scroll through them etc in time order. Any suggestion would be awesome.

Thanks,

Matt.

2. EndlessWaves

EndlessWaves
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,548
    So the subscription service isn't open source? Or are you looking at something free as well as open source?

It sounds like you just want an open source media player with a built in file browser, what about something like VLC?

3. mr_m_cox

mr_m_cox
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The software is open source, it allows full recording and various options for motion detect, object tracking etc. What requires a paid sub is to access the "Viewer" and some other similar viewing features.

What I want is a way to take a file share full of video files that this software has created and be able to search via date/time and view that footage.

4. maddogb

maddogb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +197
    maybe to actually give the name etc of the software you are using might be helpful or ring some bells...