Open Source CCTV footage viewer needed.

mr_m_cox

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
I have recently built a new CCTV system at my office which is working great and the open source software we are using to record the footage and deal with the motion detection etc is doing great however it doesn't have a viewer, without paying a subscription anyway.

So I am looking for open source software, that can run on Windows, that I can point at the archive of recordings and get it allow me to scroll through them etc in time order. Any suggestion would be awesome.

Thanks,

Matt.

So the subscription service isn't open source? Or are you looking at something free as well as open source?

It sounds like you just want an open source media player with a built in file browser, what about something like VLC?

So the subscription service isn't open source? Or are you looking at something free as well as open source?

It sounds like you just want an open source media player with a built in file browser, what about something like VLC?

The software is open source, it allows full recording and various options for motion detect, object tracking etc. What requires a paid sub is to access the "Viewer" and some other similar viewing features.

What I want is a way to take a file share full of video files that this software has created and be able to search via date/time and view that footage.

maybe to actually give the name etc of the software you are using might be helpful or ring some bells...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom