• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Open-Office Software, may try Libre-Office...?

12harry

Distinguished Member
I've been using Open Office for some years on several Win-versions. As a WP it works for me - and it's free! (( Edit:- Currently mine is Apache Open Office v.4 =2014. ))
However, I am having a mind-set problem with my "Stock" files as the products grow in number and type, etc. . . . Open Office is being used only as a WP, so I'm having to remember too much.
( As a WP it remains fine. )

I realise I probably need a Stock-DATABASE, but have tried to avoid learning one as it previously made my brain freeze-over.

Reading on-line, Open Office is all-but replaced by Libre-Office - which is ( I read) much better and includes the usual additional SUITE ( which includes a Database - Yippee! ). Also I understand there is on-going Development support, for avoiding bugs, etc.
Logically Not Learning OO Database was a wise move, as it's discontinued ! - although it was always available ( & still is, on my computer AFAIK ).
--------------------------------------------------------

So, I'm wondering if folks here have any Libre-Office advice for a slow learner?
Will I be able to read existing WP documents? ( ending .odt )* . . . Naturally, I can keep the OO software, until the HDD manages to crash - I recall it was available only as a Download . . . much like Libre-Office - .... so once my OO program is gone, I may have trouble with years of .odt Document files . . . . oh deary!

----------------------------------------------------------
It would be good to support a FREE software platform - and I understand there are several YT videos and other Tutorials available for Libre-Office - so potentially well-supported.

-------------------- Any thoughts before I create another Download?

* Libre-Office claims to read all manner of files, . . . . this will be crystal-clear, once I've downloaded ( - I'm just trying to avoid making a new Long-Term mistake...)...

Cheers.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom