Open MediaPortal with MCE remote

Discussion in 'Home Entertainment Computers' started by Hopless67, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Hopless67

Hopless67
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I am using MediaPortal on Windows 7 and I have a genuine MCE remote that should work in MediaPortal. Most of the keys work if I enable MCE remote and general HID in the config page. I have enabled MPTray and disabled MediaCentre but I cannot now get MP to open when I press the Start button. The MP forum was unable to resolve this time so I was hoping someone here could as it is spoiling my HTPC experience. Is there a log I can post to show what is going on? Your help would be massively appreciated.

2. jameson_uk

jameson_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +579
    If it an official MCE remote you should choose the MCE option not the HID.

I have a couple of remotes described as "official MCE" but they do not work correctly. The MS remotes I bought several years ago all work fine though.

My thought is that if it works when selecting HID then it is not an official MCE remote so the green button will not start MP

3. Hopless67

Hopless67
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    It has Microsoft printed on the front and back of the remote and is identical to one of the pictures of the MCE remotes as shown on the MP remote wiki. The drivers in device manager appear as eHome. It works properly with Media Centre. Just not MP.
    In trying to troubleshoot I have tried it with MC enabled and disabled. The funny thing is though is with MC enabled, MP won't remember the "disable MC process" In third party extensions if I check the box, close MP config and reopen, the box is unchecked. I don't know if this is my problem.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  4. jameson_uk

jameson_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +579
    That might be it. I take it config app is loading with admin privileges?

5. Hopless67

Hopless67
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Yep. It is probably some quirk on my computer then that is preventing it from functioning correctly and troubleshooting at my end is the only way to get it resolved. Thanks for trying.