Open back comfortable

muljao

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all.

I am very inexperienced with headphones. I have a pair of AKG K550 and AKG K451. I like them both. I previously had a pair of AKG k72 and found them very full and lifeless. I do have also a dragonfly red.

I'd like to try a comfortable open pair of headphones. My budget isn't huge, I'd be happy to pay 20 pounds if they can be got for that and sound good, I guess I don't really want to go above 300 pounds in reality.

I like marantz amp and q acoustics speakers together, so some say that's a slightly"warm" sound. I know headphones is a different experience, is there any comfortable open backs that might be described as slightly warm side of neutral.

The only pair on my radar at present are the philips fidelio f3

Thanks

Sennheiser HD650 might be worth looking in to, they have a warmer/more laid back sound.

Hi all.

I am very inexperienced with headphones. I have a pair of AKG K550 and AKG K451. I like them both. I previously had a pair of AKG k72 and found them very full and lifeless. I do have also a dragonfly red.

I'd like to try a comfortable open pair of headphones. My budget isn't huge, I'd be happy to pay 20 pounds if they can be got for that and sound good, I guess I don't really want to go above 300 pounds in reality.

I like marantz amp and q acoustics speakers together, so some say that's a slightly"warm" sound. I know headphones is a different experience, is there any comfortable open backs that might be described as slightly warm side of neutral.

The only pair on my radar at present are the philips fidelio f3

Thanks
Not open back... But I got a set of the pseudo electrostatics at 100 quid from Amazon .. M&J2 its kind of remaindered stock . Will happily run from say ..in my case the Cyrus Soundkey, ..the same more or less as the dragonfly. They are totally non lifeless. I hear things other phones miss. Only suitable for sitting in a chair as they need adjustment and are not suited for bobbing about. But the sound!!. I even felt compelled to write them a review.

Not open back... But I got a set of the pseudo electrostatics at 100 quid from Amazon .. M&J2 its kind of remaindered stock . Will happily run from say ..in my case the Cyrus Soundkey, ..the same more or less as the dragonfly. They are totally non lifeless. I hear things other phones miss. Only suitable for sitting in a chair as they need adjustment and are not suited for bobbing about. But the sound!!. I even felt compelled to write them a review.
Thanks,

Any chance you could post a link please?. I'm getting no hits for these

Look at suspension style headbands = comfort

Thanks all, I'll look at all suggestions

Thanks again all, I got what I think is a bargain with a pair of philips fidelio x2hr so went with them, I was kinda set on open back.

In case the Philips doesn't work out - my son wears his Sennheiser HD 559 for 6-7 hours a day 5 days a week - very happy with them...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom