1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

oops

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by chilly, Jan 27, 2004.

1. chilly

chilly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After meticulously reading through the manuals for my new PJ ( Hitachi PJ-TX 10), I switched on and used it for about an hour to set everything up, followed everything step by step, when I had finished I switched all connected devices off first as instructed and proceded to switching off, press off on remote control, press off again when prompted on screen, switch off at rear of PJ, three simple steps, later in small writing between the lines I notice the wording orange light will stop blinking when the fan has stopped cooling prior to switching off, having read so much I am gutted that I have done it wrong and possibly not waited long enough for the fan to stop, however the next time I switched off I obviously did wait and the fan didnt run for that long before it stopped, although nothing is apparent should I be checking for any damage from this one off or is it not of concern, also if it is important for the fan to stop cooling before the off switch is pressed what happens if a power cut should occur, is the bulb the only item that could suffer or can you fry the internals

2. Crocodile JD

Crocodile JD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    ..I think there are some components that can suffer from heat soak, but that usually occurs due to (possibly excessive) extended periods of use. It's likely that in this case, it would only be the bulb to suffer. I wouldn't do extensive checking. You might even void warrenty if you go poking around. I think the worst of it would be that you've reduced the lamp life and you wont know by how much until it decides to let you know.

HTH

Croc

3. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Chilly,

Don't fret......... the fan is supposed to run on to cool things down, a shut-off once shouldn't have any long term effects - I wouldn't make a habit of it though.

The real damage happens if you turn it off accidentally, or if you get a power failure/ a fuse blows, and it shuts off, then you try to turnit straight on again - the lamp will not like a "hot" restart, and they often blow if it's tried. If it gets switched off un-expectedly, make sure to leave plenty of time for it to cool down before trying to turn it on again.

Sean G.