• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Oops! I touched my lamp with my finger! STUPID ME

F

Frankeh

God dammit, I was trying to put my projected screen as good as possible in my fixed screen.. I was rolling on the lense shift and I turned my back to it to check how my screen was changing.. my hand slipped away and accidantly I touched the lamp with my finger for an instance.. I can see my fingers mark on it

I hope this isn't too bad for my bulb? I think I'd better clean the mark off my bulb? I never did this.. what products do I need? cause I don't want to make more damage on the bulb

n0s

Standard Member
You cant touch the lamp, caus its in a closed unit. There is nothing wrong with touching the lens, just clean it as you would a camera lens.

Knyght_byte

Distinguished Member
hehe, considering how much they stress to never touch the bulb, it must make a few people nervous when they touch the lens accidently and arent aware its not the same thing...lol

D

DarrenB

but I guess that if you touched the bulb the first thing that comes to mind is how much its just hurt....that thing must be pretty hot, right?

gingercat

Established Member
DarrenB said:
but I guess that if you touched the bulb the first thing that comes to mind is how much its just hurt....that thing must be pretty hot, right?

That's what I was thinking, you would definately know about it if you touched a hot PJ bulb! :eek: BBQ smells all round :devil:

F

Frankeh

it didn't feel hot so yeh it's just the lense, so it isn't bad at all.. great! how should I clean the lense from dust & fingerprints?

Mrhappy37

Established Member
Or if you cant wait for a trip to jessops then use a soft cloth (yellow duster will do) and just breathe on the lens and then wipe away the condensation very gently. If you leave any dust or lint on the lens then wait a couple of minutes for it to dry then blow it off.
Hope this helps,
Clyde.

n0s

Standard Member
hahaah i was thinking that too...

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom