Oops, fridge 1, drinks nil...

Matt_C

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Noticed recently, drinks were coming out the fridge colder than usual (a can of coke recently slushed up as soon as it was opened). The back of the fridge (inside) has always frosted up, then defrosted, then frosted, then defrosted etc. Always had it on number 2 (out of 5) but assumed since it's so damn cold over the past week or so that it it colder inside the fridge than normal. So a couple days ago I changed the temp control from 2 to 3. That was a bit silly - should have known that the higher the number = the colder it gets.

So opened fridge this eve to fine two cans of coke had literally popped in the fridge. Took the other three out and put them on the side while I cleaned up. Went to put them back and they were completely frosted on the outside. Hmm. Went to open on - BANG! That exploded in the kitchen! Took the other two outside and binned them - didn't want them exploding either.

Also in the fridge is a glass bottle of beer, and two plastic, 2 litre, bottle of lemonade - all unopened. All of those were completely fluid and completely clear. So I gingerly began opening one of the lemonade bottles (outside this time!) and instantly it began to go opaque and turn to slush. But it didn't explode, which was nice

So I turned the temp control down to 1.5. Half an hour later, the back panel if the fridge had turned to water droplets from frost, and the other bottle of lemonade had turned opaque and begun to go hard. The beer had begun to go a little "gloopy" too. So into a plastic bag they went and left them outside, just to see what happens!

Best not leave the fridge temp too cold during winter I guess!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom